Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

As the build guide in Post 1 states, we need to replace the Intel module with a Broadcom BCM94360NG. The alternative is to install OpenIntelWireless drivers from the GitHub site.
Thanks @CaseySJ!

There is no mention on OpenIntelWireless nor the IntelBluetooth for the internal ax200 on the Build guide but then again i could be blind.

However, both Wifi AND Bluetooth are now working using the builds on the OpenIntelWireless Github site. Also worth noting that i changed SecureBootModel to Default as per instructions on the site.
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 19.50.46.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 19.51.04.png

Thanks!

Thanks @CaseySJ!

There is no mention on OpenIntelWireless nor the IntelBluetooth for the internal ax200 on the Build guide but then again i could be blind.

However, both Wifi AND Bluetooth are now working using the builds on the OpenIntelWireless Github site. Also worth noting that i changed SecureBootModel to Default as per instructions on the site.

Thanks!
Good job!!

The build guide in Post 1 does not discuss OpenIntelWireless because those drivers are still in beta. It therefore recommends the natively supported BCM94360NG.

Now that you've installed the OpenIntelWireless drivers, do the following work?
  • AirDrop.
  • Handoff (for example, open a webpage in Safari on iPad or iPhone then see if the Safari icon in the macOS Dock shows a little phone or tablet icon).
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.58.02 AM.png
    • If you then click the Safari icon, does it open the same webpage as the iPhone or iPad?

Good job!!

The build guide in Post 1 does not discuss OpenIntelWireless because those drivers are still in beta. It therefore recommends the natively supported BCM94360NG.

Now that you've installed the OpenIntelWireless drivers, do the following work?
  • AirDrop.
  • Handoff (for example, open a webpage in Safari on iPad or iPhone then see if the Safari icon in the macOS Dock shows a little phone or tablet icon).
    View attachment 491470
    • If you then click the Safari icon, does it open the same webpage as the iPhone or iPad?

Nope, good call that its still in Beta. I didnt get either Handoff or Airdrop to work.

Reading up on the bug reports, substantiated the findings.

But basic functionality is there.

Works.

1. WIFI - connected to my AP and can access the network.
2. Bluetooth - Connects to my Soundbar and able to send sound over BT.

Oh no.. too scary for me:). But if there is a step by step Youtube video that i can follow, then maybe i will get the courage. Ive seen the one done for AIC, not directly on the motherboard.
Thanks for the push. I shot some video while flashing the Thunderbolt of my Z390, but hadn't finished editing the process until today: https://youtu.be/4C9K52dG5Bw

Thanks for the push. I shot some video while flashing the Thunderbolt of my Z390, but hadn't finished editing the process until today:
Why did you use PC power supply instead of 3.3V from PI? Any special reason for this?

Why did you use PC power supply instead of 3.3V from PI? Any special reason for this?
If the Z390 Designare motherboard is installed (i.e. CPU, RAM, GPU, CPU cooler, etc. are present) then the Raspberry Pi can struggle to power the Winbond chip because those other components get "back powered". Flipping on the PSU but not powering up the motherboard allows the Raspberri Pi to read/write the Winbond chip more easily. In this case we must disconnect Vcc (Power) pin from the SOIC clip -- we cannot connect two power sources at the same time.

The Arcelli USB CH341a, however, does not seem to have this problem (it will draw extra power from the USB port).

I just ordered this mb today. I was reading from itsage on another site that production may have stopped and I saw the price jumping up to $400 on newegg. If anyone is interested in working with this mb then now might be a good time to shop around and buy it. It can still be purchased for $259 as of writing this.

I just ordered this mb today. I was reading from itsage on another site that production may have stopped and I saw the price jumping up to $400 on newegg. If anyone is interested in working with this mb then now might be a good time to shop around and buy it. It can still be purchased for $259 as of writing this.
Interesting...

On NewEgg it is indeed $400 because NewEgg itself is out of stock and this board is shipping from the U.K.

Amazon has it in stock for the normal price of $259:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C9GJ49M/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It is US$259 in HK. That is really a good price.

@casey may could you check path for amd that could optimize video in general ?

Last edited:
Back