Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Yes, that's exactly it. I originally had 00 there and it didn't work.
I'll make this change to the next EFI zip for this board.

Too much RGB on this B550 Vision D build? :)
There's no such thing as too much RGB! :) Are you using liquidctl to control RGB Fusion 2.0?

There's no such thing as too much RGB! :) Are you using liquidctl to control RGB Fusion 2.0?
That would be my next test... right now when i boot to Windows and set the RGB settings... the settings would stick when i warm boot to macOS.

Good job! Did you do something like this?

View attachment 491959
@CaseySJ

For information purposes, and as another possible way to fix strange "en" values:

I have the Big Sur public beta installed on an external SSD. I installed the public beta update this morning on that external SSD.

I checked the System Information -> Network settings and found the "en" settings for my ethernet port(s) were something like "en6" and "en7," and WiFi was "en2." I did not try to access the App Store, or iCloud to see if these values caused problems. I just wanted to fix them.

I first tried using "DeviceProperties" settings in OpenCore as shown, to get the "en" values in the "proper" range. That didn't work for me. The "en" values didn't change.

I decided to see what files were in Library -> Preferences -> SystemConfiguration. I found five plist files, other than Networkinterfaces.plist, that looked extraneous:

Removed Network-Related Files.jpg

I knew that if I deleted Networkinterfaces.plist, it would be recreated on reboot. I wasn't sure what would happen if I deleted the other five. I gambled and deleted all six files.

Then I went to System Preferences -> Network, and deleted all network entries, and Applied the changes.

I then rebooted and checked the SystemConfiguration folder and only the NetworkInterfaces.plist file had been recreated. I then went back to System Preferences, and added back the desired WiFi and Ethernet entries. (Running the SSD on my Z390 Designare there are two ethernet ports.) When the changes were completed and applied, I went to the System Information -> Network display and I now had typical "en" values as show here:
System Info - Network.jpg

iCloud and App Store are accessible with these settings. Perhaps this procedure will help others.

@NCMacGuy,

Simply deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting should re-enumerate the Ethernet and WiFi devices, thereby renaming them starting with en0. In your experience, did this not work?

@NCMacGuy,

Simply deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting should re-enumerate the Ethernet and WiFi devices, thereby renaming them starting with en0. In your experience, did this not work?
@CaseySJ My recollection could be wrong, but I ran into a similar situation some months back and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist alone did not re-enumerate starting with en0. I had to remove and recreate entries in System Preferences -> Network as described above.

If it occurs again I'll try just deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist. If it works great! The simple solutions are the best solutions.

Performance test with Ryzen 3900x and RX 5700XT:

Default clock:
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.52.38.png

Some overclock - 4,3GHz all cores (turbo clock on one core is then lower):
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.41.07.png

Graphic Metal:
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.55.36.png

In single core operation, this hack has no competitor:
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.17.44.png

In multi-core operations, it ranks somewhere around Mac Pro Late 2019 and iMac PRO Late 2017:
This is a very solid result for good money...
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.18.32.png

This is on 3600XT all core oc´ed to 4.5Ghz on 1.35v

Make sense that the score above is almost doubled on the multi-core since its double the thread count :)

The extra thread count will definitely be great for creativity application.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 13.33.44.png

This is side by side comparison between my new AMD build and my Z390 Designare 9900k build.
The AMD single thread performance is great!

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 13.37.55.png

Back