Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hi All, I try to install on free disk the last version of Ventura on my triple boot Windows 11 - Rocky 8.7 - Monterey.
I try 2 different method: Directly from Monterey with Fresh installation on new disk and I try with USB installer.
In the first case, the update works until first reboot is coming. After that, the loader under macOS installer is loading 1 seconde and switching in rescue mode with only possibility to recover with Monterey.
In the second case (with USB installer) the reboot under macOS installer is not loading and stay with Apple logo.
Vision D - Ryzen 9 5900 - 6900 XT Card. BIOS 16B.

Hi All, I try to install on free disk the last version of Ventura on my triple boot Windows 11 - Rocky 8.7 - Monterey.
I try 2 different method: Directly from Monterey with Fresh installation on new disk and I try with USB installer.
In the first case, the update works until first reboot is coming. After that, the loader under macos installer is loading 1 seconde and switching in rescue mode with only possibility to recover with Monterey.
In the second case (with usb installer) the reboot under macos installer is not loading and stay with apple logo.
Vision D - Ryzen 9 5900 - 6900 xt Card. Bios 16B.
Which version of OpenCore are you on? Does it include the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches?

Which version of OpenCore are you on? Does it include the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches?
It is the last version 0.9.1.
How I can verify for the the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches ?
Maybe I forgot one step !

It is the last version 0.9.1.
How I can verify for the the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches ?
Maybe I forgot one step !
Simply post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel -> Patch and I’ll be able to tell.

I post you both: Kernel Patch and Kexts
This configuration working fine under Monterey and for Monterey update.
Without WhateverGreen and RestrictEvents ( I complete Memory part of Open core)

Attachments

• kernel.png
    kernel.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 27
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    241 KB · Views: 27
I post you both: Kernel Patch and Kexts
This configuration working fine under Monterey and for Monterey update.
Without WhateverGreen and RestrictEvents ( I complete Memory part of Open core)
Yup, those are old patches. We should replace with the latest set from AMD-OSX GitHub site.

Yup, those are old patches. We should replace with the latest set from AMD-OSX GitHub site.
When you said that, it just mean to change
13.3 BA000000 00 BA < Core Count > 0000 00

on the Minkernel 21.0.0 ?

When you said that, it just mean to change
13.3 BA000000 00 BA < Core Count > 0000 00

on the Minkernel 21.0.0 ?
Actually we should delete all of the existing kernel patches and replace them with the latest ones from AMD-OSX GitHub site. Then we need to set < Core Count > for the first 4 of the new kernel patches.

Actually we should delete all of the existing kernel patches and replace them with the latest ones from AMD-OSX GitHub site. Then we need to set < Core Count > for the first 4 of the new kernel patches.
New patch apply, first installation works but failed after reboot.
Restart in Monterey Rescue mode.

Attachments

• KernelPatch.png
    KernelPatch.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 21
Back