Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I update the BIOS to 14c, and everything works great except sleep/wake for me.
Here's a simple experiment to try:
  • Make the changes shown below in ACPI and Kernel sections.
  • This will disable USB 2.0 ports, including the USB port used by on-board Intel WiFi/BT module.
  • Save file and reboot.
  • Check sleep/wake.
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 4.41.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 4.41.44 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5 5950x
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's a simple experiment to try:
  • Make the changes shown below in ACPI and Kernel sections.
  • This will disable USB 2.0 ports, including the USB port used by on-board Intel WiFi/BT module.
  • Save file and reboot.
  • Check sleep/wake.

I tried it. It does not work. thanks

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried it. It does not work. thanks
That tells us that removing the Intel WiFi/BT module is not necessary because it will not make a difference.

Are you running Catalina?

Sleep did not work for me until Big Sur came along.

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen 5 5950x
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That tells us that removing the Intel WiFi/BT module is not necessary because it will not make a difference.

Are you running Catalina?

Sleep did not work for me until Big Sur came along.
I am running Big Sur 11.5.2

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running big sure 11.5.2
Have you tried an older AMD GPU? 4xx, 5xx, or 5xxx.

Are you using a relatively recent monitor (made within last 5-6 years), an older monitor, or a TV?

In other words, look for any remaining differences between my configuration and yours.

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen 5 5950x
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did just one step by enabling RrstrictEvents in the config.plist and did not do any other steps and the cpu name is displayed correctly

Just enabling RestrictEvents displays the processor name as it reports from the system. If you want to change it to your own value, then you need to do the revcpuname bits.

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen 5 5950x
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Question to all who have the Gigabyte B550 Vision D or D-P motherboard.

With Corsair 275R case in Windows and Ubuntu when the computer sleeps all the LEDs are switched off including the front panel power button LED. There is no indication to know whether the PC is in sleep or shutdown. Sometimes I don't even know whether it is switched off or sleeping. Is it the same behavior you are all having or having some LEDs indicate that the system is sleeping. If there is a indication of led that represents sleeping what should be wrong with my build. Messed up header connection to front panel from motherboard?

In hackintosh, when I try to sleep the Mac, it goes to sleep and immediately wakes up and after say 10 to 15 seconds; then it turns all the lights off ,and it goes to sleep or shuts down. I don't know. Pressing the key does not wake up. So I cant differentiate whether the USB is not responding or PSU tripped off. Pressing the power button or holding the power button for few seconds does nothing. i need to use PSU power button to switch off/on and then the front panel power button works.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In hackintosh, when I try to sleep the Mac, it goes to sleep and immediately wakes up and after say 10 to 15 seconds; then it turns all the lights off ,and it goes to sleep or shuts down. I don't know. Pressing the key does not wake up. So I cant differentiate whether the USB is not responding or PSU tripped off. Pressing the power button or holding the power button for few seconds does nothing. i need to use PSU power button to switch off/on and then the front panel power button works.
@rbmanian75

I have a Gigabyte B550, but not your case. When I sleep the hack running macOS, my display immediately goes black with loss of video, and after about 10-15 seconds the board sleeps with all lights off and the mouse light goes off. There is no way to differentiate sleep vs. shutdown. Pressing any keyboard key, clicking the mouse, or pressing the case power button wakes the hackintosh.

This is what happens with my other hackintoshes as well.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@rbmanian75

I have a Gigabyte B550, but not your case. When I sleep the hack running macOS, my display immediately goes black with loss of video, and after about 10-15 seconds the board sleeps with all lights off and the mouse light goes off. There is no way to differentiate sleep vs. shutdown. Pressing any keyboard key, clicking the mouse, or pressing the case power button wakes the hackintosh.

This is what happens with my other hackintoshes as well.
One of the nice things about RGB RAM is that they stay lit up during sleep, which is to be expected because memory modules must remain powered on. The difference between sleep and hibernation is that contents of memory are cached to disk during hibernation, and hence memory is powered off.