HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@Vorshim92

One more suggestion:

In System Preferences —> Energy Saver, ensure that Wake for network access is disabled.
Yes of course. I also disabled the Bluetooth wake up options always from system preferences and also the screwdriver tool from hackintool.
@Vorshim92

Also ensure that the equivalent wake action is disabled in the BIOS.
Yes. I will take a look again there but I think it was disabled from default. Tomorrow I'll find out. I also tried every bios version and I reset it completely by removing the cmos battery. I have to make a fresh installation again and try the last suggestion from Casey. Thanks to everyone for the tips guys, really! ❤️ have a good night

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes of course. I also disabled the Bluetooth wake up options always from system preferences and also the screwdriver tool from hackintool.

Yes. I will take a look again there but I think it was disabled from default. Tomorrow I'll find out. I also tried every bios version and I reset it completely by removing the cmos battery. I have to make a fresh installation again and try the last suggestion from Casey. Thanks to everyone for the tips guys, really! ❤️ have a good night

The default is enabled in BIOS. If you have changed bios', or reset the BIOS, then it would have been enabled again.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

The default is enabled in BIOS. If you have changed bios', or reset the BIOS, then it would have been enabled again.
I've done A/B tests on B550 Vision D as follows:

Case 1: System fails to enter sleep. We hear a click as it prepares to shut off, but then wakes up fully.
  • BIOS --> Settings --> Platform Power --> Wake on LAN --> Enabled
  • Sys Pref --> Energy Saver --> Wake for Network Access --> Enabled
Case 2: Sleep and wake behavior is normal (Big Sur and Monterey).
  • Sys Pref --> Energy Saver --> Wake for Network Access --> Disabled
Of course, everyone has slightly different components so your experience might be different.

@Vorshim92:
When configuring BIOS we should always start with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults) because the BIOS settings in Post 1 are made on top of optimized defaults.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've done A/B tests on B550 Vision D as follows:

Case 1: System fails to enter sleep. We hear a click as it prepares to shut off, but then wakes up fully.
  • Sys Pref --> Energy Saver --> Wake for Network Access --> Enabled
Case 2: Sleep and wake behavior is normal (Big Sur and Monterey).
  • Sys Pref --> Energy Saver --> Wake for Network Access --> Disabled
Of course, everyone has slightly different components so your experience might be different.

@Vorshim92:
When configuring BIOS we should always start with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults) because the BIOS settings in Post 1 are made on top of optimized defaults.
Hi there! Sorry. I edit the post because I miss read your post. (hahaha yeye) I always do a F7 restore to default settings in BIOS.
Anyway I'm on the first case. It goes on sleep and then instant wake after a beep sound. And I have the wake for network access disabled in Sys Pref, of course

Tonight I will make a fresh install starting from your EFI with SMBIOS iMac Pro and not with macpro7,1. Hope this will fix.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ @Vorshim92

With the discussion going on about sleep issues, I started up my B550 Vision D to check sleep. I had recently updated the BIOS from F10 to F13 and hadn't tested sleep.

With BIOS F13, OC 0.7.4, Monterey Beta 9 or Big Sur 11.6 I couldn't get my B550 to sleep with any combination of Wake on LAN in BIOS or System Preference -- an immediate wake. I also tried OC 0.7.3 and that didn't sleep either.

So I fell back to F10, and reset BIOS settings as per Post #1. By default Wake on LAN in BIOS was ENABLED, and I left it ENABLED. OC 0.7.4 with Monterey or Big Sur both sleep and wake normally.

For me BIOS F13 was the culprit for no sleep. Ethernet doesn't work for me with Monterey Beta 9 and BIOS F10, but does work with BS. I can workaround ethernet in Monterey using a USB-C hub in a Thunderbolt port.

I'll stay with BIOS F10 for now.

Motherboard
Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Interesting. @CaseySJ do you suggest to start from f10 bios version?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting. @CaseySJ do you suggest to start from f10 bios version?
Sure, try BIOS F10 using the F10 OpenCore EFI folder.

In my case, sleep and wake work normally with both BIOS F10 and BIOS F13, and both Big Sur and Monterey.

My configuration is as follows:
  • Fenvi Broadcom BCM94360NG WiFi/BT M.2 card
  • Thunderbolt controller flashed with NVM 33
  • AMD RX 5600 XT GPU with boot argument agdpmod=pikera(necessary for 5000 and 6000 series GPUs)
  • No devices attached to Thunderbolt controller
  • USB keyboard and mouse
  • Also Logitech MX Master 3 Bluetooth mouse
  • Silicon Power NVMe SSD (PCIe 3.0)
  • Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
  • Two SATA SSDs, one of which contains Windows 11 and the other has Windows 10
  • Asus Designo MX27UC 4K monitor connected via DisplayPort cable
  • Two OLOy 16GB memory modules at 3600 MHz (total 32GB)
  • BeQuiet! air cooler
  • Nothing connected to internal USB 2.0 headers
  • Motherboard F_U32 (USB 3.x front panel header) connected to a dual-port PCI slot plate
    • Keyboard, mouse, USB Audio DAC connected to the plate

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure, try BIOS F10 using the F10 OpenCore EFI folder.

In my case, sleep and wake work normally with both BIOS F10 and BIOS F13, and both Big Sur and Monterey.

My configuration is as follows:
  • Fenvi Broadcom BCM94360NG WiFi/BT M.2 card
  • AMD RX 5600 XT GPU with boot argument agdpmod=pikera(necessary for 5000 and 6000 series GPUs)
    • No other PCIe cards
  • USB keyboard and mouse
  • Also Logitech MX Master 3 Bluetooth mouse
  • Silicon Power NVMe SSD (PCIe 3.0)
  • Two SATA SSDs, one of which contains Windows 11 and the other has Windows 10
  • Asus Designo MX27UC 4K monitor connected via DisplayPort cable
  • Two OLOy 16GB memory modules at 3600 MHz (total 32GB)
  • BeQuiet! air cooler

@CaseySJ @Vorshim92

I used CaseySJ's provided EFI for OC 0.7.4 and BIOS F10 with mods in ACPI to activate the SSDT for the RX 580 in Slot 1, modify Kernel -> Patch the first three items for my 8 core CPU, and entered my platform info.

My hardware that might seemingly impact shutdown is very similar:
  • Fenvi Broadcom BCM94360NG WiFi/BT M.2 card - replaced Intel card.
  • AMD RX 580 Sapphire 8GB
    • No other PCIe cards
  • USB keyboard and mouse through rear lower USB 2 port.
  • Two SATA HDDs - Port 0 and Port 1
  • LG Ultrawide 4K monitor connected via HDMI from RX 580
  • Two Corsair Vengence 16GB memory modules at 3200 MHz (total 32GB)
  • Corsair H115i Pro Liquid Cooler (USB for PC setup is not connected)
  • Front case USB connectors to the board F_U32 connector.
Shutdown/wakeup works fine with Big Sur 11.6 and Monterey Beta 9. System setting for Wake on LAN is Disabled, BIOS F10 setting for Wake on LAN is enabled (by default).

For the time being I will stick with F10.

Motherboard
Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Interesting. I will do a list like this and I'll describes everything, just to be sure. Unfortunately I have no time this week to work on my ryzentosh so I have to wait this weekend. Meantime I want to ask you some question reading your configurations and suggestions if I can.
1) first one is in thundebolt controller, I have always my thunderbolt uad Apollo twin mk2. But I didn't flash the modded firmware but I can because I bought everything to do that, if you remember I asked you before buy it. My question is, with the modded firmware I'm going to lose thunderbolt support on windows? And in this case if I have a PCI gigabyte Titan ridge or alpine ridge, I don't remember, may I use the internal for windows and the PCI for Mac? Or viceversa.
p.s. Little update, is an alpine ridge 2.0
2) I have rx580 on slot 1. Your ssdt for rx580 for iMac pro is essential? Im not using it right now

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** AMD Next Generation AM5 Platform **

In an official YouTube video posted by AMD yesterday, the company refuted rumors that AM5 will only support PCIe Gen 4 instead of Gen 5. In fact the next generation of AMD Zen is gearing up to look like this:
  • Possibly a firmware based method of regulating power to Zen 4 cores to (dynamically?) operate in either high-performance or high-efficiency modes?
  • Zen cores are already smaller and more power efficient than their x86 competitors, which makes them conducive to a firmware-based method of energy regulation while staying competitive with “true” P-core/E-core architectures.
  • AM5 platform will support PCIe 5.0. This was a significant surprise!
  • AM5 will also support USB4 (Thunderbolt 4) and DDR5 memory.
  • New machine learning extensions are being developed for upcoming Ryzen processors.
  • A Zen 3 refresh is still on track for existing AM4 platforms, featuring 3D V-cache for a 15% uplift in performance (although they referred to gaming performance).
So AM5 promises to be just as leading-edge as Intel’s Z690.

Last edited: