Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, i7-8700 and a Radeon RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 stacked usb 1 ports seemed not to have a problem with anything being plugged into them, but never registered anything into the hackintool window. The one port on the front didn’t register anything and the one red port both marked NO WORK just acted like they didn’t exist. I’m outta ports to try - but I presume if I plug a usb hub into these it’ll work anyway.

The 4 stacked usb 1 ports seemed not to have a problem with anything being plugged into them, but never registered anything into the hackintool window. The one port on the front didn’t register anything and the one red port both marked NO WORK just acted like they didn’t exist. I’m outta ports to try - but I presume if I plug a usb hub into these it’ll work anyway.
IIRC UtterDisbelief said those 4 stacked ports on the rear panel are connected to a hub, so maybe that's why they don't show up in Hackintool. Your HS11 and HS12 ports are coded in your USBPorts.kext info.plist as #255, indicating they are internal. They do need to be counted in the total, though. I think the red port is probably a USB 3.1 and is on a different controller than XHC. Don't have any idea of what's going on with your front panel. My Z390 I Aorus Pro is a Mini-ITX and its USB ports are completely different from yours.

Last edited:
I'm up and running - I know which ports don't work so I'll just not plug the external hard drives into those ports and I'll use my Anker usb hub for that anyway. Sound works, wifi works, me happy. :) Saved my USB installer taped it to the computer case so I can't lose it if it goes haywire again. Thank you everyone so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back