Asus X299 WS Sage
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
giacomoleopardo:

I purchased an LG Monitor with really good speakers, and I was stuck, because I couldn't get audio from my Monitor. But then I came back to your post, and I resolved my problem. As you referenced, I used Toleda's script at: audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia-master, opened his SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-BR3A.aml, did a search and replace for BR3A to BR2C, and it worked. I could have sworn I did this in the past, but oh well....works now.

I use AppleALC, and now I have audio through my LG monitor, and I use this utility - soundcontrol (by staticz) to control the audio ($10, really cheap, but works great - and it even has an equalizer in it) and it's great.

I just have to say thanks (!!!) for all you do for this community!

Hope you're doing well....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Meagan

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey Meagan! I'm glad you sorted audio issues out. I use AppleALC.kext as well. I must say it's a real easy-to-go way for most of Audio controllers! Thanks for the updates!

Motherboard
Asus X299 WS Sage
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Hey Meagan! I'm glad you sorted audio issues out. I use AppleALC.kext as well. I must say it's a real easy-to-go way for most of Audio controllers! Thanks for the updates!
Just got updated to High Sierra....not impressed....but it's done.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Broadwell 6900k
Graphics
Nvidia 980 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
edit - removed content.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel I9 7940X
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
I'm a newbie about to build my 1st Hackintosh. I currently have an Asus x99 A II with an alpine ridge rev 1 card. Will I have an easier time if I sell the X99 A II and buy an X99 A II deluxe Motherboard since it has built-in TB3? Or am I better off going with an ASUS Ex3 card (I was using one but it broke). I don't need to plug my monitor through it - just my Universal Audio Apollo TB3 devices chained together.

I also read on another thread that people using TB3 with their Hackintoshes have to start up in BIOS and turn on their TB3 Audio Interfaces. Is that the case for any Thunderbolt setup on a Hackintosh?

Many thanks.