Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we use actualised Kext, this Guide Workshop for High Sierra to.

ATTENTION! Due to possible issues with toleda's audio_CloverALC script for RealtekALC Audio that you'll need to run on post installation, I strongly recommend to delete from the Kext folder 10.12 attached, the realtekALC.kext file, plus, from config.plist attached, delete the three AppleHDA patch and the AppleHDAController one from Kernel and Kext Patches/KextToPatch. At first you won't have ALC Audio, but after run toleda's script, the realtekALC.kext file will be automatically put into EFI\EFI\CLOVER\Kext\10.12, the three AppleHDA patches will be in config.plist\Kernel and Kext Patches/KextToPatch as well, and the only thing you'll have left to do is to manually add the AppleHDAController patch you deleted before:
Name* AppleHDAController
Find* [HEX] A08C
Replace* [HEX] 208D
Comment 10.10-10.12+x99-ALC-Onboar-Audio

Here's the config for the USB drive without AppleHDA and AppleHDAController patches

The USB install drive is now ready to do the job. Jump to Step 4​
If you delete AppleHDAController line from Kernel and Kext Patches/KextToPatch, the audio will not work. So you can add this line after you run the Toledo's script.
AppleHDAController. a08c. 208d 10.10-10.12+x99-ALC-Onboard-Audio

After fix this issue, my Mac works alright in 10.12.6, i7 6800k, msi x99 board, Nvidia 1070, 32G, Samsung m960 256G.

you can add this line after you run the Toledo's script
That's exactly what I wrote. The whole point at that time was that those datas could make the script not working. So I explained the following
1 - remove them
2 - run the script
3 - add them back

I have to concur - this is a most excellent guide and simple to walk through - plus, AMAZING GeekBench scores!

Thank you for your efforts at bringing together all the "bits" to make a great guide!

Hello giacomoleopardo, thank you for all, but I cant make it working with my asus rampage V version 10.
I patched the bios with your software, made a USB, etc with all patch for 6900k, and I have a quadro m5000.

Can you help me? Thank you

giacomoleopardo:

I purchased an LG Monitor with really good speakers, and I was stuck, because I couldn't get audio from my Monitor. But then I came back to your post, and I resolved my problem. As you referenced, I used Toleda's script at: audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia-master, opened his SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-BR3A.aml, did a search and replace for BR3A to BR2C, and it worked. I could have sworn I did this in the past, but oh well....works now.

I use AppleALC, and now I have audio through my LG monitor, and I use this utility - soundcontrol (by staticz) to control the audio ($10, really cheap, but works great - and it even has an equalizer in it) and it's great.

I just have to say thanks (!!!) for all you do for this community!

Hope you're doing well....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Meagan

Last edited:
Hey Meagan! I'm glad you sorted audio issues out. I use AppleALC.kext as well. I must say it's a real easy-to-go way for most of Audio controllers! Thanks for the updates!

Hey Meagan! I'm glad you sorted audio issues out. I use AppleALC.kext as well. I must say it's a real easy-to-go way for most of Audio controllers! Thanks for the updates!

Just got updated to High Sierra....not impressed....but it's done.

edit - removed content.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie about to build my 1st Hackintosh. I currently have an Asus x99 A II with an alpine ridge rev 1 card. Will I have an easier time if I sell the X99 A II and buy an X99 A II deluxe Motherboard since it has built-in TB3? Or am I better off going with an ASUS Ex3 card (I was using one but it broke). I don't need to plug my monitor through it - just my Universal Audio Apollo TB3 devices chained together.

I also read on another thread that people using TB3 with their Hackintoshes have to start up in BIOS and turn on their TB3 Audio Interfaces. Is that the case for any Thunderbolt setup on a Hackintosh?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back