Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
after wake from sleep - no matter what - any usb device plugged seems to be disconnected (and auto reconnected).

Has this issue been looked into further? Any potential fix?

Hi giacomoleopardo!

Great build! I love it! :) I have almost the same hardware, except of the cpu. Mine is an i5 3570K only. But anyway, I have it up and running right now, but I can't get power-management to work properly! Whatever I try, it won't wake up from sleep!!! :banghead: So I now decided to follow your guide. I just installed MaciASL and tried to patch my dsdt, but pjalm's graphics repository seems to be down! Do you have any idea how I can get a working dsdt for the z77n-wifi?

I used the "standard" one from the dsdt-database of this forum, to get my (first) build up and running.

Thanks in advance! :)

best regards!

Joe

i have the same setup other then the graphics card,
i have a gtx670
and a hhd not ssd

anyway.. bin trying the UniBeast way and my system hangs on applefscompressiontypezlib successful

still waiting...

and help?

Fixed! haha switched USB stick to a 2.0 port

Hello.

So i Finally got on with my build :)

I got to the point where i had installed Mountain Lion from USB thumbdrive, and the installer did reboot my system to complete the install process, now here the system hangs, while the screen is grey and has the apple logo with the spinning load circle under it :(
(By hanging i mean that the loading circle just spins forever, first time i waited about 30min :/ still the same)

This is all pretty new for me, i did try the -x at at the chimera hard drive selection page, with that it does not freeze and lets me get into Mountain Lion. :)
So do i continue following the rest install steps and use the -x command to get into mountain lion, or try to solve this mystery first ? (With your all's help :) )

Next is the Bios, hopefully i have everything set up there correctly, i am using the 3570K as CPU and GA-Z77N-WIFI mobo(F2 Bios,latest), intel HD4000.

What would be the CPU clock settings for this me with this CPU, in the guide the 3770K is used.
And also, Intel Graphics Memory Size = 32M, i did change to this also, should i use this value for HD4000 ?
Then the HDD Boot options :) So in Boot Option 1 i have my Corsair Force 3 SSD as my OSX boot drive :)
Now it seems after doing the partition the first time, my bios shows me more options when chosing the boot option
UEFI: Corsair Force 3 SSD
P0: Corsair Force 3 SSD

So the all the SSDs i did partition for OsX to recognize got also a "UEFI:" option in the BIOS Boot selection page :geek:
Does it matter do i choose the P0: or UEFI version ?

These are the questions so far :) What could be the reason having to boot with -x (Safe mode) into OsX ?
(Hopefully my english is understandable :))

-v mode when trying to boot into Osx gives a bunch of code scrolling down the screen, and finally stops to some error i guess: Reads someting about cant find bluetooth something.. And then just hangs there :/

Hello Dyna,

I will answer with what I know to get you started.
When your system only runs with the -x command you should start following the guide (especially step 2, the patching of DSDT/Multibeast etc).
Which steps have you followed up until now?

About the CPU, you haven't said anything about overclocking. So if you don't want to overclock you can just start ssdtPRGen 2 times and it will generate the SSDT for your CPU at stock speeds. For now I would recommend to take this route.

If you (later or now) want to overclock you have to provide ssdtPRGen your new clockspeed basespeed (=100) * multiplier (=?, you have to decide that yourself) and max TDP (Giacomoleopardo recommended 70W), you do that through the terminal.

About the UEFI:/P0: thing, I think this is because OS X is partitioned using a GPT partition and the bootmenu thinks this should work in UEFI mode. Chimera however uses MBR and this can only be booted using BIOS mode.
Long story short you can only start Chimera (which is necessary for booting into OS X) in non-UEFI mode, so start it through the P0: partition.

Hope this helps, I've only just started with my hackintosh so there might be some slight inaccuracies here and there.

Has this issue been looked into further? Any potential fix?
Not yet, as far as I know.

Whatever I try, it won't wake up from sleep!!! :banghead: So I now decided to follow your guide. I just installed MaciASL and tried to patch my dsdt, but pjalm's graphics repository seems to be down! Do you have any idea how I can get a working dsdt for the z77n-wifi?

I used the "standard" one from the dsdt-database of this forum, to get my (first) build up and running.

Thanks in advance! :)

best regards!

Joe
Joe, PJALM repos have changed a few times in the past days. Now PJ has published ultimate patches (this guide is already updated), hopefully, they will be on for a long time! He's working hard to do so. Furthermore, I wouldn't use pre compiled standard dsdt. Extracting and compiling your own dsdt is always the best choice for two reasons:
1 - you will have a custom dsdt based on your real hardware
2 - understanding dsdt (just a bit, I'm not an expert, indeed!) will help you to take more control and care of your machine.​
One more thing: wake from sleep could be a real pain: I didn't figure out the whole feature. I mean, a lot of varables and combinations can influence it. Please keep trying, and post results. They're will be helpful even if not working! :thumbup:

These are the questions so far :) What could be the reason having to boot with -x (Safe mode) into OsX ?
(Hopefully my english is understandable :))

-v mode when trying to boot into Osx gives a bunch of code scrolling down the screen, and finally stops to some error i guess: Reads someting about cant find bluetooth something.. And then just hangs there :/
Dyna, jns1986 has posted great advices (thank you jns!). A correct compiled dsdt probably will allow you to avoid the -x boot which can be useful while installing the system and other stuff, but definitely not for normal usage. If you're not ready to step into this kind of things (really easy, I'd say!) you can always post here a clean dsdt (that is mandatory to help you out, explained in this guide).

If you (later or now) want to overclock you have to provide ssdtPRGen your new clockspeed basespeed (=100) * multiplier (=?, you have to decide that yourself) and max TDP (Giacomoleopardo recommended 70W), you do that through the terminal. [/COLOR]

About the UEFI:/P0: thing, I think this is because OS X is partitioned using a GPT partition and the bootmenu thinks this should work in UEFI mode. Chimera however uses MBR and this can only be booted using BIOS mode.
Long story short you can only start Chimera (which is necessary for booting into OS X) in non-UEFI mode, so start it through the P0: partition.

Hope this helps, I've only just started with my hackintosh so there might be some slight inaccuracies here and there.
Hey jns! I wouldn't mess up with multipliers, unless you have a deep knowledge of overclocking and bios stuff. For users like myself, my tip is to leave @ x100, no reason to change that. About MAX TDP: overclocking may need the stock value of 77 (i7 3770k - i5 3570k), otherwise you could experience a little instability and/or system crash. One other thing that can be underestimated is the cpu fan speed. Check out cpu temperatures during some kind of stress test like prime95 (or others): try it with different fan speed settings to find the best match among noise, temperature and performance. And of course, don't forget to post results! ;)

Happy to help

Not yet, as far as I know.
Hey jns! I wouldn't mess up with multipliers, unless you have a deep knowledge of overclocking and bios stuff. For users like myself, my tip is to leave @ x100, no reason to change that. About MAX TDP: overclocking may need the stock value of 77 (i7 3770k - i5 3570k), otherwise you could experience a little instability and/or system crash. One other thing that can be underestimated is the cpu fan speed. Check out cpu temperatures during some kind of stress test like prime95 (or others): try it with different fan speed settings to find the best match among noise, temperature and performance. And of course, don't forget to post results! ;)

the x100 is the core speed so leaving that @ x100 would make any overclock come from changing the multiplier right? Or did you mean to keep it at stock?

Happy to help

the x100 is the core speed so leaving that @ x100 would make any overclock come from changing the multiplier right? Or did you mean to keep it at stock?
Yes, sorry, I mess up with the answers! that is correct! :p

Hello and thank you all for quick replys, im at work now and cant continue the build for 7hours now :( but so far i have got to this point in the guide

"- Go to System\Extra and open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Text Edit"

i cant figure out what that means, system where ? And how to open in text edit ? :)
So i cant change the things in Chameleon software with the tick boxes and chose my resolution?

i did reboot my computer once when the Realtek installer told me to, and it actually did boot up by itself into OsX, without unibeast usb drive in place :) just a s small Chimera load bar went to 0% i guess and the Boom OsX :) no need for -x

i will have to continue with the guide when i get home from work.

i really dont need to overclock yet, main thing is to get a stable Hackintosh working.

so can i use the tick boxes in Chameleon or have to open someway a text edit thinggy ?

Thank you yet again /Dyna ( Typed with a iPhone )

@ Dyna, The Extra folder is located at the root of your HD (where you've installed) OS X.
To open
org.chameleon.Boot.plist just right click and open with text edit, be sure to add tabs.
Alternatively you can open .plist files using Xcode (it's free from the OS X appstore) as you're going to want it anyway for editing some of the larger .plist's (step 3. of the guide).

use chameleon only for editing your system definition in to
Mac Mini (6,2).
The other things

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string> -> if of course you have a
1920x1080 display
and
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

should be added to org.chameleon.Boot.plist "by hand".

Final tips:
- try to make sure you completely finish step 2 of the guide before moving on to other things, if you don't you will probably continue to run into trouble.
Once step 2 is finished it is mostly dotting the i's.

- Also if an installer asks you to reboot the system wait before you have finished other things (like repair permissisions and rebuild cache) and then reboot.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back