Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Giacomo, your rock!!!

one question. with gigabyte h77n motherboard, I have a delay off about 30 seconds until bluetooth gets activated. you think there's a solution for that??

thanks!

by the way, i made the new dsdt and it works perfect for now.

im a designer, and i pushing the limits off this machine through renders and animation. For now it behaves so nice.

thanks

I noticed a bug, i dont know if it's because the new DSDT, but everytime i want to quicklook a mp4 file, it crashes.

any idea?

Thanks Giacomo, your rock!!!

one question. with gigabyte h77n motherboard, I have a delay off about 30 seconds until bluetooth gets activated. you think there's a solution for that??

thanks!
Maybe it is a dongle issue...what brand?

I noticed a bug, i dont know if it's because the new DSDT, but everytime i want to quicklook a mp4 file, it crashes.

any idea?
No idea, never had this issue. After updating the guide I re-edited a step: what patches did u use for graphics? PJALM or toleda's? Try to repach a clean dsdt first with all in one PJALM patch then with PJALM graphics (as now stated in the guide)

Hi Giacomo,

the bluetooth isn't a dongle, is the centrino wireless chip that came with motherboard.
and for graphics I'll test PJALM graphcis patch, because i was using toleda's one.

i read in other post, that there's people with the same graphics card having this issue.

i will let you now if it works.

thanks!

Oh, I see. I wouldn't trust that BT reciever. Have you ever thought to change the wifi card? An Atheros ar9280 is really cheap and is natively supported, then you can add a usb dongle bluetooth fully working! Or if you don't need wifi, you could always disable onboard bluetooth whit a piece of tape on the two wifi card pins that manage bluetooth power. You can find instructions here, I did that on my zotac build (wich has an atheros ar9285 supported with dsdt patch and a partially working bluetooth that I disabled with tape).

Hi Giacomo I just resolved the video issue. It's weird because for that i have to change smbios setting from macmini 6.2 to Imac13.2.
Once i did that i been able to play videos from quick look and play games.

what is the difference between imac and macmini smbios in terms of Ivy Processors management?

Hi Giacomo I just resolved the video issue. It's weird because for that i have to change smbios setting from macmini 6.2 to Imac13.2.
Once i did that i been able to play videos from quick look and play games.

what is the difference between imac and macmini smbios in terms of Ivy Processors management?
Check toleda's thread here C. Ivy Bridge Power Management Status you can see what he stated about iMac 13,1/13,2 and Macmini 6,2.
If you solved the problem with iMac 13,2, please could you check your cpu Power Management with this kext?

Awesome guide. Thank you, big thank you!

Incredibly detailed and well researched. The resulting system is a fantastic, and stable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back