Contribute
Register

GHz problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that is the error you get when you don't have DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

If you followed the guide exactly, you should have it from step 12.

http://i.imgur.com/DqEzRpe.png not really, i unplugged my HDD for my hackintosh and plugged it on my macbook pro, and for so far i can see is it enabled

Also, you didn't follow the guide correctly, because I see NullCPUPowerManagement loading and my guide doesn't call for it...

is that not from the easybeast that i installed when i used the other Guide?

It is an EasyBeast-based guide, which will get you up and running quick, but you won't have power management, sleep, etc because EasyBeast uses NullCPUPowerManagement.kext which disables these features. Also, I think stability is better using DSDT edits to enable audio (+patched AppleHDA) vs. "enablers." (not a fan of enablers, unless they are code-less).

http://i.imgur.com/DqEzRpe.png not really, i unplugged my HDD for my hackintosh and plugged it on my macbook pro, and for so far i can see is it enabled

That's good.

Also, you didn't follow the guide correctly, because I see NullCPUPowerManagement loading and my guide doesn't call for it...

is that not from the easybeast that i installed when i used the other Guide?

Why would you have something left over from the last attempt if this is a clean install?

Also:
- what is the entire contents of your /Extra?
- are you booting from the HDD (not Unibeast USB) at this point?

That's good.

Why would you have something left over from the last attempt if this is a clean install?

I don't know, i stopped with the old Guide that use easybeast and started with your Guide.

- what is the entire contents of your /Extra?/

http://i.imgur.com/J1L3Av6.png

- are you booting from the HDD (not Unibeast USB) at this point?

yes i have a USB from 16GB with unibeast and i have a External HDD 1TB with the OS X Lion

I don't know, i stopped with the old Guide that use easybeast and started with your Guide.

Probably best to start over... erase the partition first thing in Disk Utility. You don't want to have a mix from two different install attempts (unless you know how to remove/replace what was added/replaced by the first one).

Keep in mind your board as ALC888 not ALC892, but you can leave audio out of the picture until you get a successful boot from HDD.

yes i have a USB from 16GB with unibeast and i have a External HDD 1TB with the OS X Lion

'Yes -- booting from USB' or 'Yes -- USB is removed and booting from HDD' ??

Probably best to start over... erase the partition first thing in Disk Utility. You don't want to have a mix from two different install attempts (unless you know how to remove/replace what was added/replaced by the first one).

Keep in mind your board as ALC888 not ALC892, but you can leave audio out of the picture until you get a successful boot from HDD.

'Yes -- booting from USB' or 'Yes -- USB is removed and booting from HDD' ??

ok this is a wierd question but when i start my hackintosh i run it without USB only my HDD "Yes -- USB is removed and booting from HDD' ??"
and do i need to reinstall my whole hackintosh?????

ok this is a wierd question but when i start my hackintosh i run it without USB only my HDD "Yes -- USB is removed and booting from HDD' ??"

That's good. I was trying to be sure you weren't picking up NullCPU from the Unibeast USB (because it will do that...)

and do i need to reinstall my whole hackintosh?????

If you wish to follow my guide, yes. The guide, as written, is not designed to take an existing random install and make it work. It is really not possible for a guide to do that. All guides must start with a known state (eg... fresh install using retail Mac App Store/Unibeast).

thats true ok i gonna remove it and reinstall it again, can take 30min, then we will see if i get the same error. and this time only your Guide :D

i'm have stress atm, i did everythink of your GUIDE and still a freaking error when i launch him, pffff and this time i can't check the error, when i start him with -v the error screen is in 1 sec gone, because he reboot again, the whole time when i try to start him, please help me :(

i'm have stress atm, i did everythink of your GUIDE and still a freaking error when i launch him, pffff and this time i can't check the error, when i start him with -v the error screen is in 1 sec gone, because he reboot again, the whole time when i try to start him, please help me :(

Double check your steps. Post the contents of your /Extra folder and I can take a look (less /Extra/Themes)

You could also try using on-board graphics and dealing w/ the GTX 560 later.

Hackintosh is stressful. Get used to it or just buy a Mac...

pfff a mac is to over priced, but it is good stuff, on what site can i upload that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back