Contribute
Register

Getting the great Lion to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
michote said:
My sleep is working perfectly on Lion. A little bit slower to start than before maybe 6 seconds vs 2 seconds before. But hey, sleep is working

What have you patched/done?

WORKS !

thank you for this solution, it works on my X58A-UD7 (1.0 bios F8) !!!!!

CMOS reset after sleep is now gone, using retail 11A511 - version from AppStore.

Kari

does it work? I must press more than one time to wake up it.If only one press, it seems to be wake up, but for a while, it sleep again!

share said:
does it work? I must press more than one time to wake up it.If only one press, it seems to be wake up, but for a while, it sleep again!

That's normally the issue i (we) are facing at the moment.
Waiting for some fix.

Say Heading said:
Had to edit my previous post: Bios is reset after next shutdown. :?
hmm, have you done this?
should work

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

longtom said:
hmm, have you done this?
should work

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Yeah, I did. But it still f****d my bios.
So for now sleep is no option.
:crazy:

But it´s still experimental, isn´t it? :lol:

Edit: I didn´t do it correctly! :oops:
More details further down vvv

I was using the 10.7 sleep enabler kext and also had the cmos corruption on restart. Tried the fix in the OP on my SandyBridge and it fubar'd sleep. Reverted back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back