Contribute
Register

Getting the great Lion to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having the CMOS 'checksum error' each time I tried to put my hack to sleep, as well. The code from the OP fixed that problem - thank you!

Now I have to figure out why my bluetooth instantly wakes up my hack when I put it to sleep. But hey, at least I don't have to apply all of my custom CMOS settings each time, hehe.

Coolz said:
I was having the CMOS 'checksum error' each time I tried to put my hack to sleep, as well. The code from the OP fixed that problem - thank you!

Now I have to figure out why my bluetooth instantly wakes up my hack when I put it to sleep. But hey, at least I don't have to apply all of my custom CMOS settings each time, hehe.

My trackpad did this in SL. I found removing it and repairing did the trick to stop it from instantly waking it back up.

Don't work for me.
Monitor and hdd turn off,but mb led and cpu culer still work after press the sleep button. :rolleyes:

I had the problem that my system did go into sleep but never woke up.
But now it's working fine.See what I did to achive this.

Deleted all kext inside my EXTRA folder.
Run Kext Utilities
Restarted
Made a new DSDT using DSTS Auto patcher
Run mutibeast, with only FakeSMC.kext
Restarted

Sleep WORKS again :thumbup:

Only had to replace my audio kext, because sound was gone after i removed everything from insde the EXTRA folder.

Mainboard: GA-P35-DS4

uniQ said:
Coolz said:

My trackpad did this in SL. I found removing it and repairing did the trick to stop it from instantly waking it back up.

I did try removing/repairing, but no help. What DID help (yay!) was for me to move the Bluetooth dongle to one of the back USB ports instead of the front one I had been using (successfully) in SL. So, I would recommend that people move their BT dongles around a bit while experimenting.

:clap: Thanks again for the advice - right now everything is working fine (crosses fingers) :headbang:

I applied the patch. Did not work with my configuration (see signature). It did resolve the BIOS checksum error. Goes to sleep fine but won't wake up.. harddrive and cpu begin spinning but nothing on screen.

perrypng said:
I applied the patch. Did not work with my configuration (see signature). It did resolve the BIOS checksum error. Goes to sleep fine but won't wake up.. harddrive and cpu begin spinning but nothing on screen.
This might be a stupid question but did you restart after running the command? I had the same issue because I immediately clicked on sleep without restarting first and had thought maybe the command had not worked. Tried it again, but this time with a formal restart afterwards and it fixed my issue.

My external Time Machine USB drive was causing my machine to instantly re-awaken. I noticed the drive wasn't mounted, so I switched it to another USB port and my sleep worked fine after that. This was when I was on SL, but thought I'd mention it.

KushKrime said:
perrypng said:
This might be a stupid question but did you restart after running the command? I had the same issue because I immediately clicked on sleep without restarting first and had thought maybe the command had not worked. Tried it again, but this time with a formal restart afterwards and it fixed my issue.

Yep I did. I even rebuilt the cache using System Utilities in Multibeast, not
Code:
sudo rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
as suggested here.

Don't know if that makes a difference. I have reverted to Snow Leopard but will set up an extra drive with Lion soon to test more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back