Core i5 3450 3.1GHz LGA 1155 Processor
GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard Bios F6
Thermaltake 600 watt PSU
CORSAIR Memory 6GB DDR3
Using on board video
AOC 1920 x 1080, 60Hz, 5ms, 2436V connected via DVI
Installed with UniBeast with Mountain Lion
Intelled MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.0.2
Attached is the image of multbeast of the settings used.

After installing multibeast and setting the configerations then rebooting it worked fine. When I reboot again coming back from lunch I would get a scramble mirror image on my monitor. The only time I can get a clear image, is when I safe boot. I looked in video setting and it shows the correct graphic hardware. I even set the resulotion by using scale.
I again reboot, still no dice. I notice when I force sleep by using power/start switch and wake it up by space on keyboard the image would come on oversized, until I adjust the scale. Then is it will work fine....but when reboot it goes to that scramble image again. I tried using the Graphics enable and PCIroo commands but that did not work. I searched forums and came up with no solutions yet. Any advice would be thankfull. Also I wanted to have dual display if possible if not, then I am open in getting a video card. I am open for recommendations on the what type. I am only using the computer for basic computer stuff like internet, video watching and office programs since this is my second Hackontosh. So an inexpensive video card would do since I live down the street from Microcenter. Thanks in adavnce.

Attachments

• Multibeast%20Z77-DS3H.jpg
    Multibeast%20Z77-DS3H.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 214
I see no one responded. I have had a similar issue with the HD4000. I thought it was the display because it had been working flawlessly for weeks. I came home one day to the machine frozen -- stuck on a screen saver graphic. After reboot, I got the sync / multiple duplicate (mirror) image you mentioned above. It has happened a number of times since then... always after a re-boot. (The system hasn't frozen like that again.)

My "fix" has been, in this order: (But, i've run out of fixes - i'm currently stuck)

Number list = each time it happened

1. Using HDMI was to plug in different display via HDMI - image came up and worked
2. Plugged in a second monitor (at the same time) via DVI -- screens rest - image worked w/ dual displays
3. Unplugged both, plugged the display previously on DVI into the HDMI and it worked
4. No combination of dual screens was working - so i got a display port cable, plugged it in and viola
5. Again after a reboot - same thing - so I plugged in the second monitor via HDMI - both worked
6. Now, I can't seem to find a combination that works

The hot plugging tells me that perhaps I need to clear out any OSX retained display info - because it seems to work only after a new pairing happens. Am I on to something?

HD4000 on an i7
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back