Contribute
Register

Getting 2K Resolution on 4K Dell Monitor

Motherboard
B460 > Need make and full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-10500T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I recently purchased Dell Optiplex 3080 Micro computer and successfully installed Ventura on it. Performs really well. The only problem I have now is that my 4K Dell Monitor (U3223QE) is running at 2K resolution instead of 4K. I am using display-port and it works just fine on Windows. Ventura recognizes my monitor but I just can't get 4K resolution. This is how my DP looks like.
dp-properties.png

Now the most interesting part is, if I use only the "APPL,ig-platform-id" and "device-id", my installation process becomes very sluggish. However, once the installation is over, I can see that the screen has 4K resolution but the OS doesn't recognize the monitor and there is a 1/2 inch black bar at the bottom of the screen that covers half of the dock. Once again the system seems a bit slow.

My computer has an Intel i7-10500T processor and 16GB DDR4 memory. With the full (like screenshot) key value properties, I get 2GB GPU VRAM and UI looks amazing but in 2K. Is there anything that I am missing here? I went over couple of tutorial on this site regarding 4K issue they were very useful and informative. I looked at dortina's guide as well. Not sure what is the issue here. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Last edited:
Plz Use RU.efi Unlock CFG LOCK , Change DVMT = 64MB

my 3090 mff DP port works fine with 4k 60hz

if u change DVMT with RU, U don't even need the red line anymore.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 3.png
    3.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 57
@rathan After spending couple of hours reading tutorials on RU.efi and how to use it, I was able to remove the lock and increase the DVMT to 64MB. Re-installed Ventura and updated the SMBIOS info. Restarted the computer and it was love at first sight. UI and all the application is working as expected. The only issue that I noticed is that, it struggles a bit while playing 4K video in full-screen mode from YT, 1080p no issue at all. Thank you so very much for your help and guidance regardless. Here's the screenshot, yay.

Attachments

• dell-3080-micro.png
    dell-3080-micro.png
    857.5 KB · Views: 43
@rathan After spending couple of hours reading tutorials on RU.efi and how to use it, I was able to remove the lock and increase the DVMT to 64MB. Re-installed Ventura and updated the SMBIOS info. Restarted the computer and it was love at first sight. UI and all the application is working as expected. The only issue that I noticed is that, it struggles a bit while playing 4K video in full-screen mode from YT, 1080p no issue at all. Thank you so very much for your help and guidance regardless. Here's the screenshot, yay.
With pleasure,happy hackintosh !

Back