Contribute
Register

Geforce GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to think we need a new NVGF100Hal, there appears to be something rather different about the GF110 core, compared to all the other GF1xx cores - which all seem to be working with QE/CI.

Or maybe we are just missing something. There is one thing left I need to try later though....basically with the newer bootloader they have added extra detection for gfx strings. If you boot with GE=Yes (and make sure you can load your desktop ;) ), if you look in IORegExplorer you will see the NVCAP, NVPM, Reg, "NVDA, Features" etc that your card really has. I have tried these values with a custom DSDT but I haven't tried them in an EFI string yet.

As for sound, while I have not tested it, with the latest VoodooHDA the HDMI ports do appear in my audio panel and appear to be functional.

EDIT: Now tried with a fully updated EFi string and got the black screen again :(

shaithis, now I also booted to my desktop with GE-yes, but I still had to delete GeForce.kext for it to work.
Is this also the case with Your GTX580?
And NVGF100Hal.kext is loaded and registered..

GeForce is the openGL part needed for QE/CI correct me if I am wrong?
So wouldn't it be more likely we have to search for the problem there?

ps The black screen is what i get if I leave GeForce.kext in S/L/E

Greets

mwparrish said:
Finally got the full res support... this is exciting... but of course without GeForce.kext there's no QE/CI.

But this is progress!

So installing the NVIDIA update and removing it's GeForce.kext then booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes does the resolution trick?

Jups GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GeForce.kext deleted will boot to desktop with all resolutions.

I confirm that, but i reverted back to EFI string because I use two 570's..and with EFI they both work, 4 DVI ports and two mini HDMI ports sound via mini HDMI to LED TV only no acceleration yet grr.
But same problem I had to delete my GeForce.kext

NVDAGF100Hal is also loaded and registered.. I added these two lines

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x108110de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x108110de&amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>

Why two times because my 570 ID, I was not sure if it was C or E in the last part.. ..noob huh :)

f4ils0me said:
mwparrish said:
Finally got the full res support... this is exciting... but of course without GeForce.kext there's no QE/CI.

But this is progress!

So installing the NVIDIA update and removing it's GeForce.kext then booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes does the resolution trick?

I'm using an EFI string and deleted GeForce.kext from S/L/E. Shutdown and on boot -f. That's how I ended up with 1920x1080x32 res. Like I stated though, no QE/CI.

If you don't use a DSDT you may need to add the PciRoot=1 string. I use a DSDT though so I didn't need it.

You definitely want to remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

The NVGF100Hal.kext loads fine. It's definitely the GeForce.kext that causes the black screen with/without the artifacts depending on booting in -v or without flags.

PCIRoot 1 is not the case for everyone, as they state here, that its used for newer motherboards, well mine is new and it uses 0.

and boots fine with pciroot=0 and GE=Yes

and for the rest as I told You removing GeForce.kext works for both methodes EFI string and Graphicsenabler....

Its only better and easier to use an EFI string if You have two cards sli.

mwparrish said:
f4ils0me said:
mwparrish said:

But this is progress!

You definitely want to remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Well, i definitely need to set GraphicsEnabler to yes to get the full res support.

I'am having some troubles nevertheless:
1.: I cant make screenshots (just get the mouse cursor captured on a white background).
2.: Adobe Flash Player is not working - Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 in Safari & Shockwave Flash 10.1 r103 in Chrome (crashes safari & google chrome, maybe the new version need qe/ci, currently disabled flash in chrome to surf and browse this forum)
3.: Sleep mode restarts the system on wake.
4.: iPhoto does not show photos in fullscreen mode. (maybe uses graphics acceleration too?)

FYI
I'am using the Tonymac DSDT for my board and the new 8xx Audio solution.
The Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx Driver for my onboard lan, the fakesmc.kext & IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.
And of course the Tonymac Nvidia update with the GeForce.kext deleted.

My boot.plist contains the following:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Maybe u could point out if i am missing anything essential.

Attachments

• Graphics.JPG
    Graphics.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 492
f4ils0me said:
Well, i definitely need to set GraphicsEnabler to yes to get the full res support.

I'am having some troubles nevertheless:
1.: I cant make screenshots (just get the mouse cursor captured on a white background).
2.: Adobe Flash Player is not working - Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 in Safari & Shockwave Flash 10.1 r103 in Chrome (crashes safari & google chrome, maybe the new version need qe/ci, currently disabled flash in chrome to surf and browse this forum)
3.: Sleep mode restarts the system on wake.
4.: iPhoto does not show photos in fullscreen mode. (maybe uses graphics acceleration too?)

FYI
I'am using the Tonymac DSDT for my board and the new 8xx Audio solution.
The Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx Driver for my onboard lan, the fakesmc.kext & IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.
And of course the Tonymac Nvidia update with the GeForce.kext deleted.

My boot.plist contains the following:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Maybe u could point out if i am missing anything essential.
The reason that nothing works is the missing of Graphic Acceleration QE/CI. Like someone said herein, the GeForce.kext is responsible for that, and as the NVDAGF100Hal.kext is still loaded and registered, i guess there are unresolved dependencies between NVDAGF100Hal.kext and GeForce.kext with your Cards.

karacho said:
The reason that nothing works is the missing of Graphic Acceleration QE/CI. Like someone said herein, the GeForce.kext is responsible for that, and as the NVDAGF100Hal.kext is still loaded and registered, i guess there are unresolved dependencies between NVDAGF100Hal.kext and GeForce.kext with your Cards.

Okay, i was not aware that some of those features mentioned earlier were dependent on QE/CI.
In 10.6.3 e.g. flash player has no dependency on QE/CI.

f4ils0me said:
karacho said:

Okay, i was not aware that some of those features mentioned earlier were dependent on QE/CI.
In 10.6.3 e.g. flash player has no dependency on QE/CI.

You are mostly correct! When Adobe updated Flash to version 10.1 they finally got around to hardware acceleration... as such, it then became dependent... perhaps not on QE/CI exactly but at least on the GeForce drivers which are not loaded if GeForce.kext is missing. Only the NVGF100Hal.kext is loaded which is the basic Fermi .kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back