Contribute
Register

Geforce 950 not detected by Mac, Seen as NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB, glitches and limited resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
Geforce 950 EVGA
Hello, I have just built my first hackintosh and am stumped at a near final step! Im running Sierra 10.12.2 and have installed the Web Drivers but I still get lag and limited resolution choices. The OS see's the Graphics card as a NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB but really it is an EVGA Geforce GTX950 SC. I feel like I've tried everything! Let me know what I need to send you to help me get this thing working

I'm also receiving the same issue with a 950. Sierra detects it as
NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB. I boot with nv_disable=1 flag unchecked and nvda_drv=1 enabled but I still get low resolution and lag.

I'm also receiving the same issue with a 950. Sierra detects it as
NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB. I boot with nv_disable=1 flag unchecked and nvda_drv=1 enabled but I still get low resolution and lag.

If you are running Sierra then the boot flag nvda_drv=1 isn't doing anything because you must use the new system parameter setting. I also suggest getting NVRAM working if you haven't already.

my gtx950 is not even dedecting its also showing 5mb
how do i solve this please

my gtx950 is not even dedecting its also showing 5mb
how do i solve this please
You gotta get the drivers to load. It is being detected by the system but since the drivers are not loading it shows as Display 5mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back