Contribute
Register

Geforce 9400 GT no dual screen no DVI output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it is still the same even with your kext, so I am back to graphicsenabler now (just seems cleaner than a kext for now). Anything more I can do?

The outputs on my cards are: Dual link dvi, vga and tv out (ordered from motherboard up). Thank you again for the great work you do here!

By the way, are you using the modified kexts and the latest nvenabler? Because I have now tried the NVEnabler without your 10.6.1 kexts..

And again, I am not interested in mirroring or tv out, I just want to get the DVI port working! (it does not work at all, not even in a single monitor mode).

If all above fails and at some point in future I choose to buy a big lcd(some requiring dual link dvi), which graphics would you recommend? Is there any reason to pay extra and buy some of the official mac pro versions of graphics card?

Ok, just to let you all know that I got it working - with EFI string in my boot plist file. It was generated byt OSX86 tools, had to do trial-and-error to select the right outputs, but one of them got it to work.

So now I have dual head, opencl, opengl, quatrz extreme, etc. Thanks for all the help guys!

zard said:
Ok, just to let you all know that I got it working - with EFI string in my boot plist file. It was generated byt OSX86 tools, had to do trial-and-error to select the right outputs, but one of them got it to work.

So now I have dual head, opencl, opengl, quatrz extreme, etc. Thanks for all the help guys!

thanks

do you remember which one you chose as i have tried nearlly all plus graphics enabler and dst changes and it still wont activate the qe/cl

thanks in advance

domon said:
thanks

do you remember which one you chose as i have tried nearlly all plus graphics enabler and dst changes and it still wont activate the qe/cl

thanks in advance

Check out this post- in the last few days, FS has helped me make some new 9400 GT edits- the edits and the new DSDT for UD2 is here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1153&p=10145#p10145

Good luck!

Basically what's done in that DSDT is a good example for anyone having graphics cards problems - it might be your bios. What I did was the Gigabyte version of the Windows 2006 DSDT edit aka enabling all devices on the motherboard. This edit will also probably help those who want to use two video cards to run multiple monitors.

To enable everything in Gigabyte is very tricky so pay close attention to the 0x56 hex and the SMIP code in Tony's DSDT. It took me a looooong time to figure out what code was related to Vista and above and longer to track it all down completely. The example in DSDT-SE by Evo is for AMI (ASUS, EVGA, MSI, etc) and in this case it's useless unless you are fluent in DSDT speak.

insert an EFI string in /Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist using EFI Studio - http://www.kexts.com/view/91-efi_studio..html - Then install Chameleon bootloader 2.0 RC5 pkg and the pref pane - set it as in the first screenshot and it should come up after permission repair and reboot as in the second screenshot. If the preference pane is not in the version attached you can get it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=231075
Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.36.03 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.30.58 PM.png

zard said:
Hi,
I have just wanted to try out multi monitor support and situation is following:
If one monitor is attached via VGA port, everything works fine.
When I attach a second one via DVI, screen goes black on the VGA one and on the DVI connected one I can see black background and mouse cursor, but I cannot do anything. When I unplug the DVI monitor again, the VGA monitor shows just blue background and everything frozes.

Other that this issue I am getting everything - QE, games, Aero in win7 via vmware fusion; everything is ok.

I have found on some other forums that I need to put in some EFI string, but I am not sure in which "state" is my graphics setup now - I have followed the USB flashdrive install method, I have not done anything else to get graphics going.

System profiler reports:
Unknown:

Chipset Model: Unknown
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB - wrong info here, mine is only 512MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0641
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal
Displays:
LE22A3:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.30.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.30.58 PM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Chameleon RC5.zip
    511.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.36.03 PM.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 176
so the last line of your com.apple.Boot.plist should look like this (without the need for any additional kexts -

Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 6.05.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 6.05.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 6.05.05 PM.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 151
Mine is like that - the EFI string. The DVI and VGA work but not the HDMI. I know the latter can work, coz it was working with another EFI string. Unfortunately, nothing else worked with the other sting :(... I generated a string with DVI-VGA-DVI... any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back