Geforce 750 TI OC 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I have successfully built my first mackintosh, everything is working fine, except my graphics. My build is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Intel Core i5 4460
Ram: 2x4 GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz

Graphics: Asus 750 TI OC 2GB flashed to Palit rom (Asus doesn't supported, can't use my HDMI port with fabric rom)

Everything is working, I was able to install the OS X, booted in, no glitches. EXCEPT my fonts are very fuzzy. Almost unreadable, hard to look at them for a long time. After the install I have downloaded and installed the latest nVidia Web Drivers, after that changed from the nVidia panel to use that drivers instead of the default OS X ones. The system is recognising my graphic card as it should: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB graphics. I have a two monitors setup, one is Asus VH242H (24 inches) and the other one is a Benq GL2450H. The Benq is much more worse than the Asus, but the fonts are very ugly on both of them. My eyes are hurt when I try to read Facebook.
I did the patch-edid override, but nothing changed.

You guys have any idea what might be the problem? Is it my graphics card? Or there are some other options I should use?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I have successfully built my first mackintosh, everything is working fine, except my graphics. My build is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Intel Core i5 4460
Ram: 2x4 GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz

Graphics: Asus 750 TI OC 2GB flashed to Palit rom (Asus doesn't supported, can't use my HDMI port with fabric rom)

Everything is working, I was able to install the OS X, booted in, no glitches. EXCEPT my fonts are very fuzzy. Almost unreadable, hard to look at them for a long time. After the install I have downloaded and installed the latest nVidia Web Drivers, after that changed from the nVidia panel to use that drivers instead of the default OS X ones. The system is recognising my graphic card as it should: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB graphics. I have a two monitors setup, one is Asus VH242H (24 inches) and the other one is a Benq GL2450H. The Benq is much more worse than the Asus, but the fonts are very ugly on both of them. My eyes are hurt when I try to read Facebook.
I did the patch-edid override, but nothing changed.

You guys have any idea what might be the problem? Is it my graphics card? Or there are some other options I should use?

Thanks in advance.

Try changing preferences :

System Preferences > General - Unselect the LCD font smoothing when available.

What system definition are you using ?

Sadly I did it, but it wasn't the problem. Trying to figure this out for two weeks now, and I just hit the rock bottom where I need help from some more experienced people than me :)

About this Mac is saying: Mac Pro (Early 2008)

Sadly I did it, but it wasn't the problem. Trying to figure this out for two weeks now, and I just hit the rock bottom where I need help from some more experienced people than me :)

About this Mac is saying: Mac Pro (Early 2008)

You might try changing to iMac14,2.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back