GigaByte GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone.

I'm planning a little upgrade of my graphics card so I need your advise asap please.
So the question is: will the Gainward PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 570 Phantom work for me?
Is it good for hackintosh? I'm going to plug Apple Cinema Display to it:
www.ebay.com/itm/221047575288

Please advise asap!

Thank you.

Hey everyone.

I'm planning a little upgrade of my graphics card so I need your advise asap please.
So the question is: will the Gainward PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 570 Phantom work for me?
Is it good for hackintosh? I'm going to plug Apple Cinema Display to it:
www.ebay.com/itm/221047575288

Please advise asap!

Thank you.

If it is close to nVidia's reference cards based on the Keplar GK110 referenced here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/252-10-8-2-brings-complete-native-support-nvidia-gf100-gf110-gk104.html then probably works OOB with GE=NO.

Noted that. Thanks.

I'm a little bit confused about this card because it has not the reference design. Couldn't that be a problem?
I had some bad exerience with my first hackintosh. My vga card was some ati 4850 with not the reference design and I didn't succeed till I changed the vga to Nvidia gts250.
The price for this Gainward card is sweet so I cant stand buying it but I would like to know if any of you guys succeed with this card?

Thank you.

The price for this Gainward card is sweet so I cant stand buying it but I would like to know if any of you guys succeed with this card?

I will have to bow out on that question as Gainward cards are not available generally in the US. It's more a EU company.

I have that card and it works wthout a hitch on 10.8.2

However, I bought that something like 18 months ago, so either it's an old bit of kit or they changed the design. In the latter case my comment is useless.

Hey.

Thank you very much for the info. That sounds good for me.
I'll post my result here lately.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back