Contribute
Register

GA-Z97M-D3H - Random freezing [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's enough now.

Just to chime in. I've been going through the project that crashes everything and have been disabling plugins one by one to find the culprit in the project. Looks to have been cause by one called "SONiVOX Orchestral Companion" as after deletion I am now able to access it. Also could have been Guitar Rig 5 too going by the crash report from Ableton. Odd I was still able to load and use those two plugins when opening other project. Just not in that one specific project.

Everything seems to be working back to the way it was bar the SONiVOX plug which is acting strange. It has lost the connection to its sample library on another SSD which was linked via Symbolic Link. The original Link had been greyed out and needed replaced with a new one. Not sure how that could have happened. Its also not possible to load patches in it anymore so I'll remove and reinstall it and see if it happens again.

Just to chime in. I've been going through the project that crashes everything and have been disabling plugins one by one to find the culprit in the project. Looks to have been cause by one called "SONiVOX Orchestral Companion" as after deletion I am now able to access it. Also could have been Guitar Rig 5 too going by the crash report from Ableton. Odd I was still able to load and use those two plugins when opening other project. Just not in that one specific project.

Everything seems to be working back to the way it was bar the SONiVOX plug which is acting strange. It has lost the connection to its sample library on another SSD which was linked via Symbolic Link. The original Link had been greyed out and needed replaced with a new one. Not sure how that could have happened. Its also not possible to load patches in it anymore so I'll remove and reinstall it and see if it happens again.

What are these Plugins for? Some Plugin causes problems with Hackintosh related stuff. For all you know it could be the software thats the issue not the hackintosh.

What are these Plugins for? Some Plugin causes problems with Hackintosh related stuff. For all you know it could be the software thats the issue not the hackintosh.

They are all Virtual Instruments and Audio processing stuff. There is the possibility that this has been a random mishap. Its just the fact this has never happened before without cause. Only other time this has happened was when Logic Pro X wouldn't load a few plugins which was during the time when I was trying to fix Sleep with your SSDT files, before i got the Beta BIOS for the Z97M.

As mentioned I'll reinstall that one troublesome plugin and see if it happens again. Hopefully nothing will arise and i can write it off as a one time bug. Thanks to MiKM.667 it is just that one plugin (if its not a software bug) so I wont be loosing much. Got it for €0.99 which isn't worth the trouble to keep it installed :thumbup:

They are all Virtual Instruments and Audio processing stuff. There is the possibility that this has been a random mishap. Its just the fact this has never happened before without cause. Only other time this has happened was when Logic Pro X wouldn't load a few plugins which was during the time when I was trying to fix Sleep with your SSDT files, before i got the Beta BIOS for the Z97M.

As mentioned I'll reinstall that one troublesome plugin and see if it happens again. Hopefully nothing will arise and i can write it off as a one time bug. Thanks to MiKM.667 it is just that one plugin (if its not a software bug) so I wont be loosing much. Got it for €0.99 which isn't worth the trouble to keep it installed :thumbup:

I don't really recommend using Beta BIOS and with the patches in place the BIOS could be totally different can only tell if you extract native ACPI files by pressing F4 at Clover boot files goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Try a fresh install.

I don't really recommend using Beta BIOS and with the patches in place the BIOS could be totally different can only tell if you extract native ACPI files by pressing F4 at Clover boot files goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Try a fresh install.
Its the same as the Official BIOS from the last time I checked. I've attached the ACPI files if are wanting to take a look.

I doubt I will be doing a fresh OS install anytime soon with the amount of software i'll be needing to re-install and then link to my other drives. Might do it during the holidays when I have less of an need for them.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 65
Its the same as the Official BIOS from the last time I checked. I've attached the ACPI files if are wanting to take a look.

I doubt I will be doing a fresh OS install anytime soon with the amount of software i'll be needing to re-install and then link to my other drives. Might do it during the holidays when I have less of an need for them.

Attach Clover folder removing themes ZIP attach. Need all files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back