Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I unknowingly purchased the ga-z87 itx board rather than the guide suggested h87. Does it make a difference, I'm assuming other than the over clocking feature its not much different and I could use the same guide as the h87. Or do I need to follow a guide I found posted by a member a while back for the z87? It sounded as if he was having trouble so I'd prefer the h87 guide.

Also I have a ga-h61N-USB3 board with a i5-3750k at my disposal. I'm building this for a family member and stability is a must. Which is a better choice and easier to install, the ga-z87/h87 paired with an i5-4570 or a ga-h61n-usb3 build paired with an i5-3570k?

Any help would be much appreciated and repped.

Hi, I unknowingly purchased the ga-z87 itx board rather than the guide suggested h87. Does it make a difference, I'm assuming other than the over clocking feature its not much different and I could use the same guide as the h87. Or do I need to follow a guide I found posted by a member a while back for the z87? It sounded as if he was having trouble so I'd prefer the h87 guide.

Also I have a ga-h61N-USB3 board with a i5-3750k at my disposal. I'm building this for a family member and stability is a must. Which is a better choice and easier to install, the ga-z87/h87 paired with an i5-4570 or a ga-h61n-usb3 build paired with an i5-3570k?

Any help would be much appreciated and repped.

The Z87 and H87 motherboards are not that different. They should be more or less the same in setting up.

Which version of OSX do you plan to install for your family member? Mavericks?

Ha, first hackintosh so I'm not quite sure how to get those up. I'm assuming through multi beast.

Hi,
I have the Z87N-wifi, 760 GTX graphic card and i7 4771.
I wanted to ask you guys. For you everything is working perfect?
Can you tell me what option you used in bios and also what else you did.
At home i have the h77n-wifi and everything works perfect.
For work i bought this motherboard because i saw it in buyer`s guide.
But i have some little problems.
One, when i boot with the monitor on display port or hdmi i have no signal at login.
Before login is ok. And if i take cable out and put in back or change to other source and then come back, it works.
On dvi i don`t have any problems.
And also one big problem is that the sleep does not work. It goes to sleep 1 sec and then starts by itself. In system log says something about reason XHC...about the usb.
Other little problems is like sometimes the keyboard on usb not working at login..i have to take out usb and put it back on.
Also sometimes after trying to go sleep i have no sound..and have to restart.

I would be very thankful for some hints.
Thank you.

I wouldn't recommend the GA-Z87N-WIFI, although Mavericks installs like a breeze and works great for light use, for heavy network use you'll have network and system hangs. Check the "Network" forum here for a few threads. Graphics - DVI works great with absolutely no problems but HDMI seems fundamentally broken, my bottom HDMI port just gives a snowy screen, the top one works but often the screen shakes from side to side (a reboot helps) making it tedious to use, and hot plugging the HDMI hangs my system. (My screen is a ViewSonic VP2770 hi-res that works perfectly with all my other computers).

Pity - every thing else works like a dream, I can live with HDMI not working but the networking problems are not acceptable I'm afraid :( .

Do you know if thats the same with the "h" system?

What exactly is the best board? Tried googling it searching these forums hard to find an exact answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back