Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H + GTX670: Multibeast settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me install clover if I'm using an i7-3770K on a GA-Z77X-UD5H? What changes do I need to make? Can anyone help me out or point me to a tutorial/guide?

Ok, so I fixed the blank Console with a re-install.

Also, fixed some of my sleep/wake issues by disabling CPU PLL Overvoltage in the BIOS. Thanks to Zyphrax

I can now actually wake without freezing / rebooting, but USB after wake can still be finicky.

I retry today to install Yosemite, I tried to use the clover method but lot of problem with black screen...

I retry with Unibeast + MultiBeast and all works fine...

My Chameleon settings are in attached file.

I don't know if iMessages or waking up after sleeping is ok because I don't use theses parameters but Ethernet, Audio, AppStore, trim SSD, etc are ok.

My config:
- Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
- Intel I7 i3770k
- Nvidia GTX-670 2048mb
- 16go 1333Mhz DDR3

Attachments

• z77x-ud5h-gtx670-i7-3770k.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 233
After a lot of work, I have graphics on my GTX 970, sounds, networking, FaceTime, App store, and such working. Two things I would really like to get working are iMessages and sleep/wake.
When I went to wake up, the screens wouldn't even turn on. Thats after I tried the hibernation change on the command line. Then I tried turning off that ppl over voltage thing, now the screens come on, and display what they should for 1 frame then freeze instantly. Any other ideas of things to try ?

The iMessage thing I know is something that requires clover and/or a lot of work with chimera. I also haven't updated to iOS 8 so I can't test continuity, which I'm really looking forward to if I can get that to work too.

OK, i know, it is not the "perfect" solution, but at least you won't have any issue after a sleep and it is sooooooo easy to do to solve the "hibernation" issue:

To do so, go to System preferences > Energy Saver, and drag the "computer sleep" to Never.

Cheers

I tried all the audio output, but no one works :(

I think he means to change it in MIDI Configurator. You have it in Applcations > Utilities > MIDI configurator.

I already have that. The issue here is that this thing probably idles at at least 125 watts (76 watts from my GTX 970 alone) , and I would like to cut down on my power bill, but I'm too lazy to have to wait for my computer to start up (even with an SSD) I think I pay like 9¢/kwh so thats $4/month if I assumed that i would have it sleeping half the time. I guess it's not that bad but it probably adds up. That and the noise (which I don't mind at night because it's pretty much a white noise)

I've been trying to follow along with your clover install (lots of other reading too). I was able to:
- install yosemite (followed healio's instruction for cloverconfig - uuid, etc...)
- installed clover
- copied efi to efihd
- copied your dsdt and ssdt to patch folder (versus specific to MY setup)
- kext wizard to install in S/L/E
- reboot -s -v
- ran fsck, mount, kextcache

The system came up, but I can't quite remember now if I actually booted from usb and finished install or if I had removed usb and booted from efihd. In any case, the system rebooted (crashed) within a few seconds of getting to the desktop. On subsequent reboots, I was getting a kernel panic (too fast to capture before reboot).

That's when I got the idea that I might be running a different bios version (f14) from yours (??) and I am CERTAINLY using a different CPU (i7-3770K).

So a lot more reading (been a while since I did this), I generated my own DSDT (MaciASL) and my own SSDT (piker's script - which seemed to get all the info on the cpu itself, max freq, and TDP).

So, I copied those AMLs into the patch folder of the efihd.

I'm still getting kernel panics that reference AICPUPMInfo (see attached).

I've been looking around and I see some posts that reference "patching AICPUPM."

Is that something you had to do? and is it specific to the ssdt you created? Is this something that has to be done for each combination of dsdt+ssdt?

Any advise?

BTW - - HUGE Thanks to You and healio for contributing to this thread - -

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 182
UPDATED FOR MULTIBEAST 7.0.1

Hello,

If it can help someone, here is my Multibeast settings using v7.0.1
I first selected DSDT Free, then manually selected the rest :

View attachment 108603

Hi, no audio working Alc 898 doesn't work, any ideas. With your settings I manage to bypass the App Store error in no recognizing my computer. many thanks, still no audio.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back