Contribute
Register

GA-Z77N-WIFI splash screen won't load (OSX won't either) . . . weirder twist though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-z77n-wifi
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
Geforce GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After installing OSX and going through Multibeast I restarted the system and now, though the fans spin and the monitor is receiving a signal, the screen is black. No splash screen or OSX.

The weird twist is that if I wait 10-20 minutes with the system off and turn it back on i can get as far as the motherboard splash screen before it goes black again. Because of this, I thought that maybe the reason was overheating (setting aside that the computer was on for all of 5 seconds before it goes black,) but the inside of the case isn't warm. Now I'm thinking that I screwed something up in Multibeast...

I have no idea anymore. This is insanely frustrating. :banghead:

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI
Processor: i7 3770K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 640
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Case: BitFenix Prodigy

After installing OSX and going through Multibeast I restarted the system and now, though the fans spin and the monitor is receiving a signal, the screen is black. No splash screen or OSX.

The weird twist is that if I wait 10-20 minutes with the system off and turn it back on i can get as far as the motherboard splash screen before it goes black again. Because of this, I thought that maybe the reason was overheating (setting aside that the computer was on for all of 5 seconds before it goes black,) but the inside of the case isn't warm. Now I'm thinking that I screwed something up in Multibeast...

I have no idea anymore. This is insanely frustrating. :banghead:

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI
Processor: i7 3770K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 640
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Case: BitFenix Prodigy

So I managed to reinstall OSX and just to see if I screwed anything up with multibeast the first time around, the only thing I installed was "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" and I restarted. . . Back to a black screen and no splash screen.

I have the exact same problem, except that i get the splash screen and then blank! I am using an hdmi cable and am thinking that could be the cause... Can someone please help us?

Cheers!

I forgot to get back to the thread, but since then I fixed the problem. For me at least it took some tinkering with multibeast. I wish I could tell you exactly the options I chose, but for some reason it doesn't show me what I've installed and what I didn't.

Sorry I can't help more specifically, but if your having the exact same problem I was just know that for me it stemmed straight from incorrect multibeast settings. I was doing the exact same ones suggested on the site for the very basics. I only got it to work properly when I got creative with it and read through all of the options to choose the ones that made sense to me.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Good Luck!

Hey thanks for the post! I fixed mine as well, and it was to do with the correct multibeast settings. Had to fiddle around with it for sometime. Eventually did not select the 1080p display customization which was mentioned and it worked. After the reboot i installed it separately and then it worked perfectly!

Hey thanks for the post! I fixed mine as well, and it was to do with the correct multibeast settings. Had to fiddle around with it for sometime. Eventually did not select the 1080p display customization which was mentioned and it worked. After the reboot i installed it separately and then it worked perfectly!

You should select 1080p display customization if you have a display with 1920x1080 resolution. If you have lower you will have problems, but simple go to hdd - extra folder - Org.chameleon.Boot.plist and where is 1920x1080x32 you put the resolution of your display.

I forgot to get back to the thread, but since then I fixed the problem. For me at least it took some tinkering with multibeast. I wish I could tell you exactly the options I chose, but for some reason it doesn't show me what I've installed and what I didn't.

Sorry I can't help more specifically, but if your having the exact same problem I was just know that for me it stemmed straight from incorrect multibeast settings. I was doing the exact same ones suggested on the site for the very basics. I only got it to work properly when I got creative with it and read through all of the options to choose the ones that made sense to me.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Good Luck!

You are using GT 640 so you need to choose "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back