Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H problem with SPDIF out (10.8.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac osx 10.8.0
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
intel hd 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
I installed Mac OSX 10.8.0 on GA-Z77-DS3H and everything works but only SPDIF out is not working.
Could anyone have idea how to enabled SPDIF out?

Hi
I installed Mac OSX 10.8.0 on GA-Z77-DS3H and everything works but only SPDIF out is not working.
Could anyone have idea how to enabled SPDIF out?
What audio solution did you install? How did you test for SPDIF Out?

What audio solution did you install?
I install drivers to ALC 887 from MulitBeast 5.0.2 (see more on attached screenshot)

>>How did you test for SPDIF Out?
I connect to my
amplifier spdif input. Connection is ok because on windows 7 everything works fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.16.58.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.16.58.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,138
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.17.57.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.17.57.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,417
What audio solution did you install?
I install drivers to ALC 887 from MulitBeast 5.0.2 (see more on attached screenshot)

>>How did you test for SPDIF Out?
I connect to my
amplifier spdif input. Connection is ok because on windows 7 everything works fine.
You selected ALC887 twice, once With DSDT and again Without DSDT. Make only one audio selection. Are you using a dsdt?

You selected ALC887 twice, once With DSDT and again Without DSDT. Make only one audio selection. Are you using a dsdt?

No I don't use dsdt.

I tried install only driver from section "Without DSDT" and still spdif output doesn't work (see attached screenshot)

I update system to 10.8.1 and nothing has changed.

Could anyone tell me what I should do? If necessary I can install system from scratch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.16.58.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 23.16.58.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 385
remove AppleHDA.kext and Enabler***.kext from S/L/E

reinstall the kexts from multibeast but only the non dsdt ones

How have you connected the SPDIF? did you use the 2 pin jumper on the z77 ds3h motherboard?

Did you ever get the SPDIF / Optical working?

I would quite like to buy this board :)

Hi there, I am currently in the same position, I also have the GA-Z77-DS3H and yesterday I bought an spdif connector bracket for an asus board to get the spdif signal from the 2 pin jumper. After following the steps to reinstall audio after 10.8.2 update the audio interfaces for onboard showed up again and the analog headphone out works.

I cant seem to get the digital audio out working: The asus bracket also needs a 5V supply, so I put this cable on an empty onboard-USB-plugs 5v pin. The LED for optical out is now working fine and shining red, but my DAC can't get a phase lock to a signal. Same thing with coax.

I tried about all settings in audio/midi setup (especially 44.1 / 16) , but no luck.

Any hope or should I just switch to USB? Anyone have any success with this board and spdif out?

thx

:-X
Hi there, I am currently in the same position, I also have the GA-Z77-DS3H and yesterday I bought an spdif connector bracket for an asus board to get the spdif signal from the 2 pin jumper. After following the steps to reinstall audio after 10.8.2 update the audio interfaces for onboard showed up again and the analog headphone out works.

I cant seem to get the digital audio out working: The asus bracket also needs a 5V supply, so I put this cable on an empty onboard-USB-plugs 5v pin. The LED for optical out is now working fine and shining red, but my DAC can't get a phase lock to a signal. Same thing with coax.
Reply with a link to the asus board.
For 2 pin SPDIF, see 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output in Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext

First, thanks for the great input toleda! For completeness sake, here is the link to my ASUS S/PDIF SA Board:
http://www.asus.com/999/html/events/mb/mb_accessories.htm
(the S/PDIF OUT/COA+OPT Module)

I validated that the hardware is working fine by booting Ubuntu. The digital sound out works fine in Ubuntu, so it should be the software.

I dug through your manual (terse, but it gets the job done ;) ). Took me some time to figure out that a special editor with some coding/decoding logic like plisteditpro is needed to edit the Hardware Config/ Info.plist, but finally I got there and carried out the step 7 for the spdif 2 wire output.

After installing the patched AppleHDA.kext, a new Audio Out appears in Sound Prefs (a second "Digital Out" - I understand this is the result of duplicating and copying in the Platforms.xml) and my attached DAC now gets a phase lock - this is a first for my hackintosh.

Too bad, still no sound output possible. When switching to the new device, nothing happens. When starting playback in iTunes, these assertion errors pop up in Console:

02.10.12 23:32:57,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 1775
02.10.12 23:32:57,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5960
02.10.12 23:32:57,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in IOHDAStream at line 401

If you have any further links, this would be appreciated :)

This is the edit which I applied to the AppleHDA.kext:

Code:
$ pwd
/System/Library/Extensions
$ diff -r AppleHDA.kext ~/backup/AppleHDA.kext
diff -r AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/backup/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
63c63
< 					<data>IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfASFXHCAhVx0QIVceASFXHwEhZxwwIWcdYCFnHgEhZx8BIXcc8CF3HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceoSGHH5AhlxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6BIacfASG3HHAhtx1AIbceISG3HwIh5xyQIecdYSHnHksh5x8BIfcc8CH3HQAh9x4AIfcfQCEXHKAhFx0BIRceQyEXH5k=</data>
---
> 					<data>IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfASFXHCAhVx0QIVceASFXHwEhZxwwIWcdYCFnHgEhZx8BIXcc8CF3HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceoSGHH5AhlxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6BIacfASG3HHAhtx1AIbceISG3HwIh5xyQIecdYSHnHksh5x8BIfcc8CH3HQAh9x4AIfcfQCEXHPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=</data>
diff -r AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml ~/backup/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml
671,684d670
< 				<array>
< 					<array>
< 						<array>
< 							<dict>
< 								<key>NodeID</key>
< 								<integer>17</integer>
< 							</dict>
< 							<dict>
< 								<key>NodeID</key>
< 								<integer>16</integer>
< 							</dict>