Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H Perfect Until MB & Chimera Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely tell me if it works. I want to know if this solution will help others.

I will for sure post back and let you know! For now I'm still searching for that elusive /Extra folder. I'm a windows expert but only used Lion for a week!

open /Extra doesn't work and on my root drive I have: Applications, Library, System, Users. I'm looking all over the System folder so far no luck.

Yes, you can make fun of me.

I will for sure post back and let you know! For now I'm still searching for that elusive /Extra folder. I'm a windows expert but only used Lion for a week!

open /Extra doesn't work and on my root drive I have: Applications, Library, System, Users. I'm looking all over the System folder so far no luck.

Yes, you can make fun of me.

No need to make fun of anyone. I had the same problem when I started Hackintoshing (circa 3 weeks ago) lol. Hit finder. Then on the top hit Go, then click Computer. That is where you'll double click the Mountain Lion boot disk. Sometimes you have to create your own extra folder. The extra folder should be listed next to "System", "Library", "Applications" and "Users"

You can take a look at the screen shot below.

Actually now that I think of it I may have created the Extra folder, then i ran MB and MB seemed to create the boot.chameleon.plist. Aww twat **** face dammit. I forgot to add a part to the tutorial earlier. This is a my bad moment........ You should also click UserDSDT Install the first time you run MB.

If you haven't restarted yet you can still run MB and click just the UserDSDT Intall and Repair Permissions and you should see the Extra folder. Im sorry.........

Chimera usually creates the plist file but since we dont run Chimera we must click UserDSDT Install. Although you should not place any DSDT on your desktop.

Attachments

• EXTRA Folder.jpg
    EXTRA Folder.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 509
Hmmm are you ever able to get to the point of not needing the USB drive to boot? I seem to get kernel panics again without USB. Also I changed my definition to Mac Mini to use HD3000 and I still didn't get full graphics.

I did however do a couple things not exactly as you said because I was confused at first with the missing steps. Now that you have it all 100% I will give it a swing again! We are getting ther slowly....

It seems to me that chimera needs to be fixed! This is supposed to be the most compatible mobo for lion and so far doesn't really work at all out of the box for Mt Lion on F6.

If the higher ups are reading, we would love a fix :)

Will report back tomorrow.

Well Suck Me Sideways! It Worked!

Well, I woke up today thinking it's be another day of searching and re-installing but no! I followed my new best friend's (scisslehannd) instructions and holy lord everything is perfect!!!! Graphics are native 1920x1080, sound, ethernet (without having to re-run MB). This thread should be made permanent as part of the gold builds now! Oh, and dont run chimera. You dont need it! Thanks to everyone who helped out with this project!

Muilti-Beast boot problem.

Sorry to but in, I have the Same MB and wanted to know how you got the device-properties string from?
Im having same issue, boots fine from USB, but after I run Muilti-Beast it will not boot.
Thanks for all the help.

So how did you fix it? By running the old version of Multi-beast? I also had lion running 100% but since then have formatted the drive to try lion thinking my SSD simply wouldn't work.

oops... No, I had a backup copy of my Lion file, and manually replaced it using another mac

If I had to do it again, I would run MB and replace the file before rebooting....

try to edit org.chameleon.boot.plist in your "extra" folder after install multibeast do not reboot and do the following

either delete this lines
or <key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

or change yes to no.

Hazahhh!!!! Following your guide this time 100% did indeed work 100%! For the first time I can now boot into Mountain Lion with absolutely no panics and no thumb drive!! THANKS THANKS THANKS scisslehannd!!!

I was going wrong by choosing Mac_Mini instead of pro. Which leaves me with my last problem. I have low res and not full graphic support. (HD3000) Easiest way to tell is open a new tab in safari and watch it flicker!! in lion simply choosing Mac_Mini solved this and enable HD3000

Anyone have suggestions for HD3000 in Mountain Lion? I will start trying all the other definitions and see of anything likes HD3000.

Well, I woke up today thinking it's be another day of searching and re-installing but no! I followed my new best friend's (scisslehannd) instructions and holy lord everything is perfect!!!! Graphics are native 1920x1080, sound, ethernet (without having to re-run MB). This thread should be made permanent as part of the gold builds now! Oh, and dont run chimera. You dont need it! Thanks to everyone who helped out with this project!

Yeah! Im glad that this is helping other people now! I was sooooo frustrated when Lion installed perfectly and the ML (the one that should be more compatible with HD 4000) was so complicated. After many trials and errors, I finally got it.

I agree Chimera 1.11.0 seems to be glitchy. I dont know why its working for some but not others.

I seem to be 1 baby step away from 100% here. Can I just buy a graphics card that supports OSX and simply plug it in to fix my last problem of low res and not full graphic support? If so what's the cheapest method to get me able to push 1920x1080?

Using Mac_Mini made my HD3000 work in Lion but no such luck in ML. (won't even boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back