Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H Perfect Until MB & Chimera Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I woke up today thinking it's be another day of searching and re-installing but no! I followed my new best friend's (scisslehannd) instructions and holy lord everything is perfect!!!! Graphics are native 1920x1080, sound, ethernet (without having to re-run MB). This thread should be made permanent as part of the gold builds now! Oh, and dont run chimera. You dont need it! Thanks to everyone who helped out with this project!

I assume you are using HD4000? I also have everything 100% minus my HD3000.....:(

I assume you are using HD4000? I also have everything 100% minus my HD3000.....:(

I sure am. I wanted the install to be as easy as possible and to see how well the hd4000 graphics would do before going to a card. So far, the hd4000 works just fine. Everything loads/runs smooth (screen transitions, video, large photo/video software). I dont game or run much graphics intensive software so im in no hurry to install a graphics card. My apple tv (3rd gen) works perfect with my rig as well. I streamed a blue ray last night to the apple tv without a hiccup. I did change the ram profile to xms 1 in bios to get my ram to its native speed of 1600 (defaults at 1333). Doing that bumped my geekbench score from the 11000's to ~ 14000 (ML updated the specs appropriately in the computer settings/about tab).

The string i used in the org list was off of the first page of this thread....

"Next, MB has now created the Extra folder with the boot.chameleon.plist. Go there. Copy this code to the bottom. Not the very bottom.
Code:"
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000005006201140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

Its easier to get to the org list by having your hard drive shown on the desktop to find the org list instead of trying to search for the list... This way you can click on the hd and get to the folder with the list right away (after running MB of course). I used text wrangler to edit it since it maintains the format of the list as it should be when you input the string... Im sure text editor works just fine as well though. Its almost hard to believe the differnce using the string and no chameleon changed my install experince from teeth clenching to a big ol **** grin! Ohhh, and i used mac pro 3,1 for the profile instead of the imac profile....

Does this work for other Mobo?

Scisslehannd

Your instructions are very prescriptive which means that some options are not suitable for other motherboards. The post is about your board, but I believe there are countless people struggling with the TonyMac installation of Mountain Lion, as am I.

For those looking for some answers, I have reverted the string given from Hex to XML using gfxutil, and found that the string appears to relate entirely to graphics (forgive me if this was obvious to others).
This indicates that the options in MultiBeast may not be the cause of failure to startup OSX, but simply the graphics settings in the plist file used by Chimera.
NB It is incorrect to say that Chimera should not be installed as it is installed using the given method anyway, as UserDSDT Installs Chimera v1.9.2 r1394 (MultiBeast 4.6.1).

Once reverting the string, and finding the keywords, I found the following article in this forum;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

Perhaps, as the string does not have the same values, the alternatives in the post may work better for others.

***The fix is reliant on the VERY IMPORTANT step "It is absolutely crucial here to set your graphics memory size to match your ig-platform-id configuration".
Can anybody tell me how to change this using the BIOS settings for my GA-Z68AP-D3?
I cannot find anything related to memory in terms of MegaBytes, only frequency (Advanced Frequency Setting, Internal Graphics Clock) or Volts (Advanced Voltage Settings, Graphics Core).
Is it related to GTT (Advanced BIOS Features, On-Chip Frame Buffer Size) which is measured in MB, but has values in the range of 32-480MB "+ 2MB for GTT"???

Kind regards

{extract from XML translation of string}

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BQBiAQ==
</data>
<key>hda-gfx</key>
<data>
b25ib2FyZC0x
</data>
</dict>

im having similar problems with my z77-d3h motherboard. when i try and install the DSDT it wont boot, and i have to go through the time machine restore again. also i cannot get it to boot without the bootloader on the usb drive. once booted in ML it runs flawlessly, but the restarting, trying to get things working is a bit of a pain!

Another issue is once I've installed the ati HD4850 kexts it boots and i cant see the primary screen. i have to unplug the secondary screen then it boots ok

im using the GA-Z77-D3H motherboard (f14)
i5-3570k
radion HD4850 graphics with two displays

I am a complete novice with osx, but thanks to the forums here and software I've got much further than i ever have before, so thanks for all the work that you all put in :D

the VGA port on the MB isn't enabled. i did try using that though and there is no output. it boots fine if i take out the secondary display, then connect it after its finished booting

thanks

No need to make fun of anyone. I had the same problem when I started Hackintoshing (circa 3 weeks ago) lol. Hit finder. Then on the top hit Go, then click Computer. That is where you'll double click the Mountain Lion boot disk. Sometimes you have to create your own extra folder. The extra folder should be listed next to "System", "Library", "Applications" and "Users"

You can take a look at the screen shot below.

Actually now that I think of it I may have created the Extra folder, then i ran MB and MB seemed to create the boot.chameleon.plist. Aww twat **** face dammit. I forgot to add a part to the tutorial earlier. This is a my bad moment........ You should also click UserDSDT Install the first time you run MB.

If you haven't restarted yet you can still run MB and click just the UserDSDT Intall and Repair Permissions and you should see the Extra folder. Im sorry.........

Chimera usually creates the plist file but since we dont run Chimera we must click UserDSDT Install. Although you should not place any DSDT on your desktop.

Does anyone knows what happends if you dont use the UserDSDT option when following the procedures? The goal is to know if it works without a dsdt! (I am looking a good motherboard for my i7-3770k cpu that you can install a hackingtosh on it without having to use dsdt)

Thanks!

PS : This guy did not use dsdt.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

i havent used the user DSDT, because it doesn't seem to work for me - or im doing something wrong? everything works ok, but have got a few problems that i have talked about below :)

hi, i have a similar system and am experiencing problems with my HD3000 not HD4000.

my specs:

i5 2500k
z77-ds3h
8gb ram
hd3000 (using dvi)
osx 10.8

this is what worked for me (i hear problems regarding boot crashes after multibeast install, i managed to fix mine...)

1.fresh install of ml using unibeast drive
2.in multibeast selected
.userdsdt
.system utilities

audio
.Non-DSDT HDA Enabler ALC887/888b and Patched AppleHDA ALC888b/887 only! no ALC8xxHDA or AppleHDA Rollback for this board!

network
.maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

i did not select anything else, no definition or anything just this....

ejected my unibeast drive and restarted, but crashes after apple logo. i could still boot into safe mode using the unibeast drive but not straight from hard disk without crashing.

to fix this i booted into ML using my unibeast drive and ran multibeast again, selecting...

.System Utilities
.GraphicsEnabler=No
.IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (i think this has something to do with making the mac see your hdd's as internal drive's, i dont think this is what fixed the boot problem)

.FakeSMC
.NullCPUPowerManagement

(these last two are important i think, pretty sure this is what fixed my boot crashes)

i just used these settings (i didn't repeat any from the first mutibeast install) and :) my ML drive now boots without the usb. the first time it booted EVERYTHING worked fine, audio, network, HD3000 @ 1920x1200. but i noticed that in system profiler the HD3000 was reading at 384mb or something similar (not 512mb anyway). i wanted to change this so i restarted, went into bios and changed the onboard gpu memory from 64mb to 480mb. BIG MISTAKE! now my system says

'Display 64 MB of Shared System Memory graphics'

and i cant change from 1024x768.

ive gone back and changed the settings back but no luck, i have a fully function hack apart from the HD3000....any suggestions?

the latest multibeast seems to have solved just about all the problems, nut created a new one. my two displays are now mirrored and not extended like they should be

colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back