Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H - I7 3770 - GTX 650 2G - no video and reboot during install - HELP (tried all boot fla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MB: GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7 -3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

just bought a new PC based on the buyers guide as far as my budget allows.

Spec:

MB - GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU - I7 3770
Graphic Card - gigabyte GTX 650 2G
Seagate Barrcuda 1TB (which had already snow leopard installed from my previous PC)
kingstone Hyper Blue 8GB

Followed the installation guide for ML "UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC"
Using a legitimate ML img, prepared the USB as explained in the guide using iMac with Lion.
Setup the BIOS with ACHI and UEFI .
Boot the PC, selected the USB and installation started...
At the point where it says (with -V) "starting Darwin x86_64" I always get the white screen apple logo for a sec, black screen and then the PC is rebooted automatically.

The LCD was connected via the one of the DVI connectors on my GTX-650 or via the on-board DVI connector.
I've disconnected the other windows 7 HDs.
Disconnected all USB devices except for keyboard and mouse.

I tried to:

install without the GTX 650 and use on board graphics
install with PCIRootUID=0 with/without the GTX 650
install with GraphicsEnabler=No
install with -X

In all cases I got the same results

I've attached two images of the verbose mode
one without the graphic card - in this , I saw that the log shows that "Intel GA controller - currently not support"
second with PCIRootUID=0.

Is it really a video problem or it can be something else?
Does it matter whether the HD was installed previously on another machine with Snow Leopard?
Does it matter which SATA port the HD is connected to?

Search for forum but didn't find a solution yet.

Be happy to get some advices ASAP.

Thanks,
Guy.

Attachments

• nographicCard.jpg
    nographicCard.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 367
  • PCIRoot0.jpg
    PCIRoot0.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 380
Just to keep in mind that only HD3000 and HD4000 are supported with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. In contrast your GTX 650 wants GraphicsEnabler=NO in order for the correct kexts to load. So when doing your tries make sure you are connected in the correct place. Also check that you are using the latest non beta BIOS for your card.

I7 3770 does support HD4000, still I get this issue (connector was connected to the on-board DVI when there is no graphics card installed of course).

To confirm, when setting graphicsEnablers=No and having the graphics card installed, the connector should be connected to the on-board DVI? right?

How can I view and update graphic card bios?

thanks,

I7 3770 does support HD4000, still I get this issue (connector was connected to the on-board DVI when there is no graphics card installed of course).

To confirm, when setting graphicsEnablers=No and having the graphics card installed, the connector should be connected to the on-board DVI? right?

How can I view and update graphic card bios?

thanks,

Offcourse not! If you want to use hd4000 you need to plug dvi into motherboard. If you want use your graphic card you need to plug dvi cable on graphic card (don't use VGA or any kind of adapter, isn't supported)...

Graphics card dont have bios, so you can't update it...

I recommend you take out your gtx650, load default settings on bios (be sure you have AHCI mode and VT-d disable) and install using display connected by DVI or HDMI (into motherboard). You will not need any boot flag!

After sucessfull install, you put your gpu and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Good luck

Well, I did try it without the graphic card and the DVI cable plugged into the motherboard, got the same results, only not sure what does it mean by "VT-d disable", can you elaborate more on this?
Do you know why does it say in the log (verbose mode) that the Intel VGA is not supported?

thanks

It's ok, found it in my BIOS, will try it out, tomorrow...

many thanks, hope it will help.

Well, could not wait for tomorrow and tried it out now (took out the GTX-650, plug the DVI cable to the motherboard, disabled VT-D in BIOS)...

sadly, this does not solve the issue. :(

Attached the last lines of the verbose mode.

Attachments

• VT-D disabled.JPG
    VT-D disabled.JPG
    702.6 KB · Views: 338
Well, could not wait for tomorrow and tried it out now (took out the GTX-650, plug the DVI cable to the motherboard, disabled VT-D in BIOS)...

sadly, this does not solve the issue. :(

Attached the last lines of the verbose mode.
Did you plug your unibeast install stick in a USB 3.0 port? While installing OSX you have to use a USB 2.0 port. Start by removing all your peripherals reset your bios back to default settings. Now just change SATA to AHCI, and see if it will boot. Don't type anything in chimera. If this doesnt work try typing PCIRootUID=0. I had the same motherboard and thats what i had to do.

I've did plug it to the front panel USB which is USB 2.0/USB1.0.

I perform a few additional tries according to your instructions, put the USB drive into the back where it says it is USB 2.0 only. I still have the same issue.

I'm thinking of re-creating the USB drive maybe it is corrupted. Is there any way to check it?

When I open it in Finder, I see that the files takes around 4GB however, I didn't find the big files, are they hidden files?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back