Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H ALC887 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What player are you using for sound?

tried itunes and youtube (with safari)

BTW, rebooted with normal options and now the devices are gone, seems the driver didn't load

I can't understand where is the difference with other successful setups. My guess is: 1) different MB bios version? not likely 2) multibeast version? maybe something is wrong in the latest version

BTW, rebooted with normal options and now the devices are gone, seems the driver didn't load
That is expected. Seems there is an installation problem. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop. Make sure there are no other kexts on the Desktop. Run KextBeast to reinstall AppleHDA. Restart and reply with a copy of IOReg.

That is expected. Seems there is an installation problem. Copy S/L/E/AppleGDA.kext to the Desktop. Make sure there are no other kexts on the Desktop. Run KextBeast to reinstall AppleHDA. Restart and reply with a copy of IOReg.

Did this and updated MB bios to latest version (F8). Clean boot with normal options, device is recognised. I can hear audio from the rear output selecting "Internal Speakers" as the output device in Preferences. Front output is not working. Attaching new ioreg

I think I'm done, I can live without the front output. Anything else you need just ask, thanks for all your help

Attachments

• ioreg3.zip
    347.9 KB · Views: 113
I think I'm done, I can live without the front output. Anything else you need just ask, thanks for all your help
With System Preferences/Sound/Output open, what happens to Internal Speakers when you plug headphones into the front green jack?

With System Preferences/Sound/Output open, what happens to Internal Speakers when you plug headphones into the front green jack?

nothing, not change at all

nothing, not change at all
OS X doesn't see the headphone jack. Make sure the front panel is HD audio and the HD audio connector is plugged in the the front panel connector on the motherboard.

GA-Z77-DS3H ALC887 problem Audio

Hi
system: GA-Z77-DS3H ALC887 No Audio Hardware is GA-Z77-DS3H with 3570k Multibest 5.0.2 with the following options: UserDSDT or DSDT-Free ...

I have same system, all work for me except audio
but at boot prompt, if I enter UseKernelCache=No -v audio works very well.

It is my first hackintosh, please can you help me to fix this problem.

Hi
system: GA-Z77-DS3H ALC887 No Audio Hardware is GA-Z77-DS3H with 3570k Multibest 5.0.2 with the following options: UserDSDT or DSDT-Free ...

I have same system, all work for me except audio
but at boot prompt, if I enter UseKernelCache=No -v audio works very well.

It is my first hackintosh, please can you help me to fix this problem.

What MB bios firmware?

OS X doesn't see the headphone jack. Make sure the front panel is HD audio and the HD audio connector is plugged in the the front panel connector on the motherboard.

Front panel is plugged, but not entirely sure if it is working since I've never tried it (it's an old case, will try windows and see what happens).

I've also noticed that sound volume is low. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back