1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hardware is GA-Z77-DS3H with 3570k

Multibest 5.0.2 with the following options:

• UserDSDT or DSDT-Free
  • Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887/88b
  • Network/maoljs AtherosL1cEthernet

Everything seems to be fine, except audio. No devices listed in Preferences/Sound

I'm attaching a copy of the ioreg

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    301.7 KB · Views: 115
Hardware is GA-Z77-DS3H with 3570k

Multibest 5.0.2 with the following options:

• UserDSDT or DSDT-Free
  • Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887/88b
  • Network/maoljs AtherosL1cEthernet

Everything seems to be fine, except audio. No devices listed in Preferences/Sound

I'm attaching a copy of the ioreg
It looks like you tried everything (what is installed in not in the list above). Fresh install. One selection (i.e., one audio checkmark) in MultiBeast/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887.

Fresh install, only one check (ALC 888b/887 current). Same problem, no devices. Attaching new ioreg

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    301.9 KB · Views: 93
Fresh install, only one check (ALC 888b/887 current). Same problem, no devices. Attaching new ioreg
Different problem, same result. Check System Information/Extensions for AppleHDA and AppleHDAController; note version and date if present. Verify S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext version/date (Finder/File/Get Info).

Different problem, same result. Check System Information/Extensions for AppleHDA and AppleHDAController; note version and date if present. Verify S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext version/date (Finder/File/Get Info).

System Information shows:

- AppleHDAController 2.2.0 6/25/12 3.01 AM Intel 65-bit yes
- No information for AppleHDA (not present in the list)

S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext:

- Version: 2.2.0
- Created: Same date as above
- Modified: Same date as above

Does this mean that AppleHDA.kext wasn't patched?

System Information shows:

- AppleHDAController 2.2.0 6/25/12 3.01 AM Intel 65-bit yes
- No information for AppleHDA (not present in the list)

S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext:

- Version: 2.2.0
- Created: Same date as above
- Modified: Same date as above

Does this mean that AppleHDA.kext wasn't patched?
No, it means it did not load during boot. I'd like you to try an experiment, at the boot prompt, enter UseKernelCache=No -v Reply with IOReg.

Now it seems that AppleHDA is loaded (it appears in System Information). I have 4 audio outputs, Internal speakers, two line outs and a digital out. However i can't hear anything with my headphones, tried both rear and front outputs (with all 4 device outputs combinations)

I'm attaching a new ioreg

Attachments

• ioreg2.zip
    380 KB · Views: 93
Now it seems that AppleHDA is loaded (it appears in System Information). I have 4 audio outputs, Internal speakers, two line outs and a digital out. However i can't hear anything with my headphones, tried both rear and front outputs (with all 4 device outputs combinations)

I'm attaching a new ioreg
What player are you using for sound?

What player are you using for sound?

have the same problem. volume bar shows on menu but i cannot get any sound. in output i have 4 options:

internal speaker
line out
line out
digital out

tried all but no sound coming out. can anyone help?

having the same issue. wondering if you found a solution? strange thing is that this was working when i was using the built in video. However, i've since put in a Gigabyte GT 640 for dual monitor support.

everything works but sound. let me know if you found a solution..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back