Contribute
Register

GA-Z77 d3h + i5 2500k problem nullcpupowermanagement boot freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I'm having trouble booting into ML after changing my motherboard. Previously i have msi h67ma-e35 and running very stable ML for the last 2 years. I swapped the mobo into GA Z77 d3h and stuck in NullCpuPowerManagement : : start. Do i have to fresh install ML after changing mobo? Is there other ways around it? ( I tried not to fresh install since i have tons of my works data in my hdd.) Is there anyone here running into the same problem?

My machine spec :
I5 2500k
GA Z77 d3h (previously MSI h67ma-e35)
8gb corsair 1333 (2x4gb)
Hdd 1tb WDC green
Nvidia GTX 650ti boost

Thx for the help.
IMG_20160227_222949_066.jpgIMG_20160227_222949_066.jpg

I would try removing nullcpupowermanagement.kext and see if you can boot without it.

You don't have to perform a fresh install of OSX but in preparation for the new motherboard, I would remove the following from the list below which you installed for the MSI H67MA-E35;

- Realtek Audio kext
- Realtek Lan kext
- DSDT (if used)
- SSDT (if used)
- Contents of your Extra folder

Next, Repair Permissions and Run OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion Combo Updater

- Shutdown at the Reboot stage and swap out the MSI motherboard to the GA-Z77-D3H
- Update BIOS of Z77-D3H to F23b if you have not already.
- Apply your OSX compatible BIOS setting then Save and Exit
- Boot OSX via USB bootloader

- Install your Bootloader, Atheros Lan kext and SMBIOS settings with MultiBeast

Leave the onboard audio for later as the Z77-D3H does not have Realtek and needs VoodooHDA (VoodooHDA can sometimes cause a Kernel Panic so install it after everything else is working).

What bootloader are you using?

Chameleon/Chimera or Clover ? (I'm assuming Chimera? )

NullCPUPowermanagement is present. Remove it. Z77-DS3H doesn't need it. Z77 has native CPU Powermanagement. Be sure that you're not injecting. Which boot loader are you using? Chimera or Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back