Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev.1.0) SL Installation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here are my answers to your questions.

1. I booted up several times with Chimera (from Multibeast) AND iBoot 3.0.0 DVD also. Same result.

2. In the Chimera bootloader I have Tony's icon and the sliding gray bar that if I press the space bar will stop and give me a field to enter commands.

3. My Hack drive is pluged in the first SATA connection (SATA 0) and the DVD in the last SATA connection (SATA 6)

4. My Intel's SSD capacity is 80GB (this is my MacHD drive)

5. I tried booting with the command you said. While booting from Chimera there were a lot of "rolling screens" with a bunch of files loading... At the 5th or 6th screen my System rebooted by its own. I also tried booting with iBoot 3.0.0 DVD and type the same command. Same things happened but I was able to take a picture from the last screen. You can see the picture attached.

PS : I have 32GB of RAM installed. Is there a chance that this ammount of RAM can be a problem?

Attachments

• screenie1.jpg
    screenie1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 185
Ok, here are my answers to your questions.

1. I booted up several times with Chimera (from Multibeast) AND iBoot 3.0.0 DVD also. Same result.

2. In the Chimera bootloader I have Tony's icon and the sliding gray bar that if I press the space bar will stop and give me a field to enter commands.

3. My Hack drive is pluged in the first SATA connection (SATA 0) and the DVD in the last SATA connection (SATA 6)

4. My Intel's SSD capacity is 80GB (this is my MacHD drive)

5. I tried booting with the command you said. While booting from Chimera there were a lot of "rolling screens" with a bunch of files loading... At the 5th or 6th screen my System rebooted by its own. I also tried booting with iBoot 3.0.0 DVD and type the same command. Same things happened but I was able to take a picture from the last screen. You can see the picture attached.

PS : I have 32GB of RAM installed. Is there a chance that this ammount of RAM can be a problem?

ultraxmode

Lets make two changes move dvd to port 4 not port 6
Looking down from the top of the motherboard on the bottom edge we see a group of 4 sata ports next to two white sata ports and to the right of that two light blue sata ports - we want the dark group of 4 sata ports for our SSD and DVD. Leave other blank. You will need to use the Gigabyte opperator guide to figure out what 1 and 4 for this group of Four dark ports (to the left of the white ones)'

Tony states you Should only have only 4 gb of ram installed for the install and add the rest later - DO YOU have a 4gb ram DIMMM place that in you first slot (check user guide)
if you have only 8 gb dimms then use one - if this fails you will need to try the startup command "maxmem=4096" as the last statement on the install command line you used before - so - at start of the install you used something like this ...... -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096
note that the Number must be in the hex equilivent of 4gb - its computer math but trust me ... this will tell the sytem that you have only 4GB of ram.

Once you have completed the inital install - I have found that I dont need to use all of the switchs that we used at the inital install - so what I have done is to use only these two once the install w the APPLE DVD is done : -v -f (if you have 8gb dimm add the maxmem=4096 untill last boot).
I use these two switchs untill the last install as listed in the jester969 procedure and once after that for the first clean boot and then reboot after testing everything (sleep will be problematic but its a desktop to me sleep is power off) to make sure it works. Then I don't use any of these switches and boot w the apple screen to the desktop - this has been my best method of getting it working .
I use this method after an update as well (the reason is the -f switch - which disables the Bootloader from using cached files from the prior boot up - which if you are changing kexts by either a update or Multibeast install is what you want to to - have the system load the modded or different kext not the older or cached kexts).

One other thing - DO try this with the Apple DVD drive install w iBoot (latest version) instead of the USB - tony and macman did have a USB OSX10.6 install process but have moved away from it - not sure why - but they said at the time that the APPLE DVD method had a better relability - maybe they changed or had to change something in the iBoot cd to force this issue - not many users have reported that they installed OSX10.6 from USB - make sure that the DVD is on port 4 in that group of four.

As usuall take pictures and repost.

Thanks a lot for your help! I will check it out and return! ;)

Thanks a lot for your help! I will check it out and return! ;)

ultraxmode

Not sure but a lot of users who have this card that your using have some issues .... not sure what...

So if you have another GFX card you may want to try that if you have problems w the 5870

ultraxmode

Not sure but a lot of users who have this card that your using have some issues .... not sure what...

So if you have another GFX card you may want to try that if you have problems w the 5870

I also had this card on my old system (a Q9450 with Asus Maximus Formula LGA755) and it worked OOB. Maybe I will try to install Mac OS X with an NVIDIA Card and then install the 5870.

Thanks for the tip.

I also had this card on my old system (a Q9450 with Asus Maximus Formula LGA755) and it worked OOB. Maybe I will try to install Mac OS X with an NVIDIA Card and then install the 5870.

Thanks for the tip.

ultraxmode
If that card worked w OSX10.6X on that other system then it should be ok - can't hurt to try it !

And YES! :)

It worked! (kind of) :p

What I did :

1. Booted with iBoot 3.3.0 CD (also inserted Mac OS X Install DVD Thumb drive)
2. Installed with Mac OS X Install DVD 10.6.3 (Restart)
3. Booted again with iBoot 3.3.0 CD (Pointed to "MacHD")
4. Installed Updatehelper (that's the key point!)
5. Restart
6. Booted with iBoot 3.3.0 CD into Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3
7. Installed "Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.8" (NO RESTART)
8. Installed Multibeast 3.8 with various options and DSDT.aml (from the TonyMacX86 DSDT Database)
9. Restart

...waited for Mac OS X SL 10.6.8 to start cause for the first time I saw the circle spinning (in the Grey screen with Apple Logo)...

...nothing was happening until the screen turned black... "Entering Powering Save Mode"... looping...and looping...

So I figured out that it must have something to do with the DVI. I changed the DVI cable to the other DVI plug and.. VOILA! 1920 x 1200 resolution, EVERYTHING is working until now!!! All hardware is recognized (even the 32GB 1600MHz G.Skill memory)

The Problem :

I turned off the Hackintosh and after a while I turned it on again. The screen went to sleep again... some artifacts came up... with the desktop in the background.. it blinked 2-3 times.. and turned black. So I changed the DVI cable to other DVI input (again) and everything is OK.

Do you know how can I resolve the DVI issue ? (the Graphics Card is recognized as "ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB" and it is running smooooooth!!!! :)

My next step is to create a Mountain Lion Unibeast USB Thumb drive and of course install ML. ;)

And YES! :)

The Problem :

I turned off the Hackintosh and after a while I turned it on again. The screen went to sleep again... some artifacts came up... with the desktop in the background.. it blinked 2-3 times.. and turned black. So I changed the DVI cable to other DVI input (again) and everything is OK.

Do you know how can I resolve the DVI issue ? (the Graphics Card is recognized as "ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB" and it is running smooooooth!!!! :)

My next step is to create a Mountain Lion Unibeast USB Thumb drive and of course install ML. ;)

OK so you did get it working - and your problem - do you have the power save options set to on for the system and peripherals to go to sleep automatically or at a set time - if so turn them off. Then reboot

One thing - I do suggest that once your finished w the install after Multibeast and do that restart - that you run the switches -v -f to flush cache files so that the OS has to load the new ones.

The VGA connector is dead to OSX10.6 as APPLE has decided to move to only DVI ( But DVi to VGA maybe ok)!!!

This issue of disconnecting an reconnecting the cable to get the screen back has been mentioned by users!

If you intent is to get to ML - then I would not worry about this and get that done (move to ML ) as soon as possible - at least make the USB drive - then you can post any new 10.8 problems to the Mountain Lion Support Forum...

Good news. :)

I created the Mountain Lion Unibeast USB Thumb drive and installed successfully Mountain Lion 10.8 on my system. I followed the Unibeast + Multibeast with DSDT path. Everything is working GREAT! I am so happy!

...but

the "DVI unplug, re-plug cable" problem remains. :(

I opened a new thread here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...eon-hd5870-dell-u2410-display.html#post425974)
on the Mountain Lion Section.

Thank you totenkapf4!

Good news. :)

I created the Mountain Lion Unibeast USB Thumb drive and installed successfully Mountain Lion 10.8 on my system. I followed the Unibeast + Multibeast with DSDT path. Everything is working GREAT! I am so happy!

...but

the "DVI unplug, re-plug cable" problem remains. :(

I opened a new thread here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...eon-hd5870-dell-u2410-display.html#post425974)
on the Mountain Lion Section.

Thank you totenkopf4!

ultraxmode

Great - as to the problem w the unplug replug of the DVi cable
U may want to post that question in the OSX Mountain Lion forum for desktop support

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back