Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev.1.0) SL Installation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K at 3.8GHz
Graphics
Sapphire VaporX 1GB Radeon HD5870)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (Rev 1.0) along with an Intel Core i7 2600K and G.Skill Ripjaws 4 x 8GB (32GB) DDR3 at 1600MHz. I also have an Intel 80GB X-25M SSD and a Sapphire VaporX Radeon HD5870 1GB Graphics Card. I bought this particular Gigabyte motherboard as your Custom Build 2011 bying guide. I then downloaded Multibeast 3.10.1 (for Snow Leopard), the GA-Z68XP-UD3P F6 DSDT file (from Tonymac's DSDT database), Bridgehelper 5.0.0 and Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.7

Also I have a Thumbdrive with Mac OS X 10.6.3 Install DVD inside (bought the DVD from the App Store).

So, I booted with iBoot 3.3.0 DVD and then I installed Mac OS X SL 10.6.3 from the USB Thumbdrive. When everything was ready I installed the Combo Update, didn't restarted, installed Multibeast 3.10.1 and then installed Bridgehelper 5.0.0.

*(on Multibeast I checked UserDSDT, System Utilities, Audio ALC8xxx kext and AppleHDA Rollback, for network I checked Realtek Gigabite NIC kext, the OrangeIconFix kext, Mac Pro 3.1, Chimera bootloader, and all those options in the video below.)

The problem is that when I reboot Mac OS X starts to load and it freezing in the boot screen (Grey screen with Apple Logo , without the "loading circle")....

Can you please help me? I want to install 10.6.6+ version of Mac OS X for me to prepare a Unibeast Mountain Lion thumbdrive (I dont have a working Mac or Hackintosh with 10.6.6+... I only have a hackintosh with Mac OS X 10.6.3 which I dont want to change cause it is running stable as an HTPC).

Please guys, give me a hand.. :)

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (Rev 1.0) along with an Intel Core i7 2600K and G.Skill Ripjaws 4 x 8GB (32GB) DDR3 at 1600MHz. I also have an Intel 80GB X-25M SSD and a Sapphire VaporX Radeon HD5870 1GB Graphics Card. I bought this particular Gigabyte motherboard as your Custom Build 2011 bying guide. I then downloaded Multibeast 3.10.1 (for Snow Leopard), the GA-Z68XP-UD3P F6 DSDT file (from Tonymac's DSDT database), Bridgehelper 5.0.0 and Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.7

Also I have a Thumbdrive with Mac OS X 10.6.3 Install DVD inside (bought the DVD from the App Store).

So, I booted with iBoot 3.3.0 DVD and then I installed Mac OS X SL 10.6.3 from the USB Thumbdrive. When everything was ready I installed the Combo Update, didn't restarted, installed Multibeast 3.10.1 and then installed Bridgehelper 5.0.0.

*(on Multibeast I checked UserDSDT, System Utilities, Audio ALC8xxx kext and AppleHDA Rollback, for network I checked Realtek Gigabite NIC kext, the OrangeIconFix kext, Mac Pro 3.1, Chimera bootloader, and all those options in the video below.)

The problem is that when I reboot Mac OS X starts to load and it freezing in the boot screen (Grey screen with Apple Logo , without the "loading circle")....

Can you please help me? I want to install 10.6.6+ version of Mac OS X for me to prepare a Unibeast Mountain Lion thumbdrive (I dont have a working Mac or Hackintosh with 10.6.6+... I only have a hackintosh with Mac OS X 10.6.3 which I dont want to change cause it is running stable as an HTPC).

Please guys, give me a hand.. :)

ultraxmode

As you have a sandy bridge cpu you will need to boot up with a command line switch or switchs -
such as this - -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

This will assist you with your install - then having read the Tonymacx86 iBoot Multibeast webpage on install osx10.6 onto intell cpu.
And haveing the BIOS setting setup -
You will need to follow a somewhat modified guide due to the sandy bridge cpu
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

note that you need to use iBoot 3 times and do the boots as specified
If you wish in the place of the update 10.6.8 you can use the update 10.6.7 - your call

Also see this link from some info
http://www.howtogeek.com/72417/the-how-to-geek-guide-to-hackintoshing-part-1-the-basics/
http://www.howtogeek.com/72821/the-how-to-geek-guide-to-hackintoshing-part-2-the-installation/
http://www.howtogeek.com/73113/the-how-to-geek-guide-to-hackintoshing-part-3-upgrading-to-lion-and-dual-booting/

Thanks man! I will try it and let you know how it went. Thanks a bunch man!

Ok.. I followed your guide but the result is the same. :(

At the last Reboot, (with Chimera, from Multibeast) the Startup Screen (grey with the apple logo in the center) appears and then.... nothing. It just stays there forever. :(

What I must do? What is the problem? I bought this motherboard for this reason only.. :(

PS : The DSDT.aml file is the one for my motherboard and my motherboard's Bios... (F6)

I just took the Mac OS X SL Installation DVD, mounted it to Mac OS X (on the other Hackintosh) I made an ISO image from that and then I extracted the ISO to the thumbdrive.

Can someone help me on my installation problem please? :(

Can someone help me on my installation problem please? :(

ultraxmode

First off are you still booting from iBoot or from the CHimera Boot loader which was installed on the hard drive by multibeast.
Question - do you get the Chimea loader to show up w Tony's icon and the sliding gray bar that if you press the space bar will stop and give you a field to enter commands.

Also your Hacks hard disks - The hack HD should be in the first sata connection and the DVD is in the 4th - the windows hd can be in 2 or 3
Also plz tell me what is the size of the hack drive (SSD or Mech).

You still need to use the command line switchs (in my case and experience) for at least a few more times after inital install of the os - updates and multibeast -
So if you are seeing nothing but Gray screen we need to see what is happening behind that curtain.

To do that As you have a sandy bridge cpu you will need to boot up with a command line switch or switchs -

This was the command line at the inital install -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Once you run multibeast and have chosen the right options from the MB menu to install - we can eleminate most of them -

SO try with this just to get the logger to dump to the screen and not show the grey curtain!

Their are spaces and dashs and are needed as shown.

-v -f if this halts - take a picture and post back.

Then you may want to use -v -f PCIRootUID=0
take a picture and post back

The goal is to have the desktop appear
This can also be done w the iBoot CD installed - so you have two ways to test and two options in these test - run test and report back.

Thank you a lot Totenkopf4! I will try what you said and report back! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back