Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 guide/review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I change my X58 ud3r/ i7-950@oc 3.6Ghz [11,700 geekbenck ]for a Z68 ud4 b3/ i7-2600k@ 3.4Ghz [12,800 ] running Lion, and i am really happy , besides the ''wake up problem'' [ no usb , unless i reconnect it, and FW won't wake up, and can't boot from a external usb drive ] hope someone solve this issue..........FAST Please !!

Attached DSDT.aml for BIOS F8
Credit goes to MaLd0n from InsanelyMac!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 110
@longtom,

Hi, any experience with the F8 BIOS? I was just about to try F7, as I saw that Tony had updated the database. I'm hoping some of the funky restarts on POST go away and the audio improves. Still getting the scratchy sound that sickofit described on the op. Also, using Reaper to convert some old cassettes, I can't monitor what is being recorded.

Your insights are welcome, cheers,

Humbe

I am going to update my Bios to F8 and gona try this DSDT.
Thanks longtom

No succes for now...

running the F7 bios and everything went fine. I installed 10.6.3 with iboot, restarted, used update helper, restarted, updated to 10.6.8 with no problems, used multibeast it crashed, reopened it and installed with userdsdt option for f7 bios and was successful, restarted... apple boot screen with endless loading, will reboot into safe mode and see what happens. my next guess is to try to install 10.6.7 and get it working first, and then update to 10.6.8.

any suggestions?

edit: in the last line of the KP it reads
"USBF: 1.209PXHCDE0xffffff805d5760001 : :CreateRootHubDevice Bus 0 already taken"

humbe said:
@longtom,

Hi, any experience with the F8 BIOS? I was just about to try F7, as I saw that Tony had updated the database. I'm hoping some of the funky restarts on POST go away and the audio improves. Still getting the scratchy sound that sickofit described on the op. Also, using Reaper to convert some old cassettes, I can't monitor what is being recorded.

Your insights are welcome, cheers,

Humbe

No difference between F8 and F7 in case of sleep/wakeup and all other things.

The F8 bios update adds 22nm chip tech support, my guess is ivy bridge will be unofficially supported kinda like how bulldozer Zambezi chips from AMD are unofficially supported on AM3 boards through a bios update. Anyways if any can give me a suggestion to the order I should go about getting my build up and running.

z68x-ud4-b3 f7 bios
Core i7 2600k
8 GB Corsair Vengeance, installing with 4GB
XFX 5770
1TB 7200rpm Seagate
Sony DVD drive

I'm going to see if iBoot can even boot it, before iBoot couldn't boot it with 10.6.8 but that was with f5 bios and no dsdt and I hate some strange issue where it got past the apple logo but froze on a white screen and when I hit the power button purple 8 bit squares were everywhere.

Anyways I have been browsing other guides and I will keep trying until it works even if I have to just do a clean install of lion and just wait for avid to release pro tools 9.0.5. Lion seems to be a smooth install from what I have read. Just give me suggestions please, I appreciate it.

used 10.6.7 combo update, used update helper, followed this guide, did not use graphics selections because 5770 is supposed to be native. SUCCESS. being a pro tools user I am content and happy, the only information not showing up is for all the unique sata ports, however they are recognized and just unknown. Installed itunes update and java update. so far so good. not touching 10.6.8, not anytime soon anyways. Front headphone port works, glad to see that. Opens apps much quicker than my ep45-ud3p set up with Leopard. Then again I have like 20 GB left and that could be a big part of it. going to copy what I have so far to my back up partition. Which was an awesome idea but broke iboot. By broke meaning no matter what I did, once I made 2 partitions switching out iboot for retail disk would cause a KP similar to trying to just boot the iboot disc itself. But I was able to reclone my 10.6.3 back up over the broken 10.6.8 and try the 10.6.7 update. And again... SUCCESS.

Has anyone tried a clean install of Lion on this Mobo? I just purchased it and am thinking about starting fresh. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back