Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 guide/review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm, you are running the 10.6.7 update before Multibeast?

Here are the subsequent steps after install:

1) Z68 Auto Patcher (optional if using DSDT for database)
2) Combined 10.6.7 update (do not restart)
3) MultiBeast (will crash more than likely at first attempt, ignore error and re-open)
4) BridgeHelper
5) Install mach_kernel and a few kexts from Early 2011 iMac update (optional)
6) Remove iBoot and reboot from hard drive.

Hi Folks,

I've been searching all over the place for the secret formula to get the rest of my sensors to show up in iStat Menus. I loaded Fakesmc and plugins, that seems to work for many folks but not here with the z68x ud4-b3.

Anybody have luck getting the sensors to show all the environmentals? All I can get thus far are the temperatures. Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the fans via istat.

Thanks!

Z68 auto-patched DSDT makes no difference for my sleep CMOS reset issue vs DSDT from database, except with the auto-patched one sound no longer works.

rdhughestech said:

3) MultiBeast (will crash more than likely at first attempt, ignore error and re-open)
4) BridgeHelper

#5 is not needed as that is what BridgeHelper does.

TooSixy said:
Gordo74 said:
rdhughestech said:

4) BridgeHelper

#5 is not needed as that is what BridgeHelper does.
I think that's partially true.

If running BridgeHelper would install mach_kernel from the iMac Early 2011 Update, I would have had mach_kernel 10.7.4 on my machine. During my installation, after running BridgeHelper, I still had mach_kernel 10.7.3.

I don't know what rdhughestech was trying to do with step #5, but if he was trying to get Speedstepping and Sleep working on an Asus board, that step would still be needed, as the kexts required for Speedstepping and Sleep have yet been copied over from the iMac Early 2011 Update by BridgeHelper.

They are essentially the same kernel. Both run Sandy Bridge CPU's. 10.7.3 was the one that came with SB CPU's.

Pardon me if this is a bad venue for the question, but does anyone know how much the Z68X-UD4-B3 differs from the Z68XP-UD4? I can't seem to find any info on this front...

wem3 said:
Pardon me if this is a bad venue for the question, but does anyone know how much the Z68X-UD4-B3 differs from the Z68XP-UD4? I can't seem to find any info on this front...

The XP series has video ports for integrated graphics. I believe it uses the Intel HD 3/2000 graphics. Not completely sure. I would use the Z68X, thats just what i plan on using.

Yeah, I dig that. Does that mean that it's going to be fundamentally different in some way if you elect not to use the integrated graphics?

TooSixy said:
rulezman said:
Installation was successful, but after waking up frozen mouse and keyboard attached to the rear USB connector

in bios all power-saving technologies EIST ans C1E turned off

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 i7-2600k
Are your keyboard & mouse Apple brand? I have the same problem. USB Apple keyboard & mouse do not work after waking up from Sleep (Sleep from Finder menu). I also tried with Apple wireless & magic mouse and putting it to sleep wakes it right up (after 4-5 seconds). Tried installing IOUSBFamily Rollback kext didn't help. Someone here had suggested turning off USB Legacy in BIOS. Nope, that didn't work, either.

However, pushing the Power button (as opposed to selecting Sleep) does put it to Sleep and push it again wakes it up with USB keyboard & mouse working.

I use the latest firmware F6 and DSDT.aml from the Gigabyte DSDT database.

Apple keyboard and not apple mouse

Sleep work perfectly after new 1200W (OMG!) power supply installation =0

What about speed stepping?

Just thought I would pipe in to say thanks for the guide, I have just set up a very similar hack with the only major difference being a 5770 instead of the 6 series as I have no need for graphics punch.

Ended up using the DSDT from the database instead of the customised install, I have EIST, and everything working, OC'd to 4200 and getting a geekbench of ~13000 which is exactly where I aimed.

Only dilemma is that system info does not display the correct CPU speed.

Also, a quick question: How do you get the USB ports to charge your iphone?? I can sync and manage but the iphone says "not charging" where the battery is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back