Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 guide/review

Status
Not open for further replies.
oasis6688 said:
I did a new install, with the same setup as yours except nVidia GTX470. I am getting very low test results with Geekbench. Is there something I should look for?

Thanks!

i have to use SMBIOS for macpro3,1. with imac12,2 i get low scores (about 5k) as well.

I'm glad i found this post, I'm buying this MB and the same processor so i hope all works well for me too :)

Well I got my new rig together and am trying to run iBoot. I'm stuck while running with the BIOS settings as indicated here, default optimized, HPET = 64, Turbo etc disabled. I have only 4 gigs installed for now and nothing other than my wireless keyboard, mouse, LG bluray drive, and SSD installed.

The below message seems to be generic from my search of related posts. I'm guessing either something's not supported or I have the SATA drives using the wrong ports. The SSD is plugged into SATA 3 port and the bluray drive into one of the board's (port 0?) SATA 2 ports. The wireless keyboard and mouse are logitech mx 3200, does it need to be wired?

Here's the message, any help or hints appreciated:

[edit: stupid noob mistake, didn't insert and run snow leopard retail disk, all's loading now. So far, so good: installing MB, Bridgehelper, etc.]

vm_page_bootstrap: 1018646 free pages and 21738 wired pages
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
mig_table_max_displ = 73
TSC Deadline Timer supported and enabled
Kext es.osx86driver.EvOreboot - library kext com.apple.kpi.iokit not found.
Can't Load Kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "es_osx86_EvOreboot"
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563edd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.14.12/iokit/Kernel
/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
[looks like 7 lines of hex dump follows]

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unkown

MAC OS Version:
Not yet set

Kernel version
Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.4: (*date etc)*

Installation was successful, but after waking up frozen mouse and keyboard attached to the rear USB connector

in bios all power-saving technologies EIST ans C1E turned off

What's wrong?

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 i7-2600k

@sickofit

Thanks for the guide, have my machine up and humming. It's running with a multiplier of 45, no other changes. I have the viper xtreme ram working at 1866, it gave me a bit of instability at first once I turned on the XMP profile. However, once I set the memory to standard speed from the default turbo all was well.

Geekbench score of 15500. It's idling at about 35 C as I write and at 56 C with Prime 95 running for about 12 hours. I'd say the Antec Kuhler is doing its job.

I had one freeze this morning after about 2 hours of prime 95, chrome and Hardware Monitor running, nothing since.

I've been lurking in Gordo's thread on a vanilla install but it's good to have some place that has the same board to go to, thanks!

BTW, in the BIOS the only things I changed to load was HPET=64 and IDE -> ACHI

looks good i'll be running with this board and the i7 2600k, overclocked. What is the highest I can overclock with the stock fan? i might get a 3rd party cpu cooler, I'm not sure yet.

***EDIT***
Patience and humility- it may not work out perfectly the first time- but with enough tenacity and grit, you'll reach the promised land. Yeah I figured it out. Didn't press F5
***EDIT***

Can't seem to to get anywhere with iBoot. Seems like I've followed the directions to a "t" but always get a kernel panic. Here is an image with verbose mode on. The problem occurs before I can insert the SL disc, any thoughts? Only using 4GB of ram, the SSD (not formated - brand new) CD/DVD burner, GTX560Ti video card, and one monitor.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 22, 10 15 07 PM.jpeg
    Photo Jun 22, 10 15 07 PM.jpeg
    713.1 KB · Views: 352
@Patrick

That looks like you're doing what I was doing. I was trying to load iBoot, that will never work.

Once you get the screen with the Tony Mac apple on it eject the cd and insert the snow leopard disc.

Here's the pic from Tony Mac's guide

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wQqG5zq3VxU/T ... /iBoot.jpg

Hope that helps :D

Just got a new GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and i7 to replace my UD3P & Xeon.
Everything seems to be working nicely except sleep -

I can sleep fine, when I wake the USB keyboard doesn't work until I unplug and re-plug it. Also, the display seems to take a very long time to wake, but eventually does.

Thoughts? dsdt is from tonymac's database. USB 3 drivers from multi beast, although I tried with stock usb and with mb usb, no difference.

So close to having a really badass hackintosh!

UPDATE: Seems if I wake the computer with the USB keyboard, it will wake (display still takes quite a while), but the keyboard stops working...if I wake with a USB mouse, it will wake, and keyboard works fine. I cannot wake with bluetooth mouse....also usb drives plugged in result in the "not properly ejected" message upon wake.

Also, when I sleep and wake, upon the next reboot, my BIOS settings have reverted to default and must be reset.

What do I need to do - please help, and I'll return the favor whenever possible.

Extra/extensions contains:
ALC8xxHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Boot plist is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceWake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

now i'm having issues with installing the 10.6.7 combo update. Apparently the installer stops responding and quits on me and multibeast fails all together. I've tried installing the latest DSDT but never got very far with that either. Suggestions? Not sure if its worth it until the 560Ti is supported?

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back