Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 New EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here got HDMI Audio with discrete graphics (in my case 560ti) to work?
Always get a compile error when following toledas guide..

Do your edits in small steps and compile after each step. Then you will know, in which step you made a mistake.

Perhaps you could take my DSDT and only edit the layout id?

This wouldnt work since you are using the integrated graphic chip, i guess..

Compiling stops working after the first step:

Replacing Device (PEG0) with toleda's Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit Device (PEGP)

I get

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11752: If (SS1)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11796: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11797: \_SB.PCI0.NPTS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.NPTS)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11798: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOS)

/Users/Jan/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11804: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SWAK (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SWAK)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11805: \_SB.PCI0.NWAK (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.NWAK)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11806: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW)

ASL Input: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 11811 lines, 368642 bytes, 4744 keywords
Compilation complete. 7 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Here are my DSDT to be and ioreg file..

Fun fact: I'm also running a modded Powermac case with the z68mx =)

Attachments

• Archiv 2.zip
    557.2 KB · Views: 120
This wouldnt work since you are using the integrated graphic chip, i guess..

Compiling stops working after the first step:

Replacing Device (PEG0) with toleda's Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit Device (PEGP)

I get

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11752: If (SS1)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11796: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11797: \_SB.PCI0.NPTS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.NPTS)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11798: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOS)

/Users/Jan/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11804: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SWAK (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SWAK)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11805: \_SB.PCI0.NWAK (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.NWAK)

/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11806: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW)

ASL Input: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 11811 lines, 368642 bytes, 4744 keywords
Compilation complete. 7 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Here are my DSDT to be and ioreg file..

Fun fact: I'm also running a modded Powermac case with the z68mx =)

You should post this stuff better in the hdmi audio thread. I think, toleda will help you then. He's the "uberExpert" with this.

Did you post pictures of your powermac in the casemod thread?

So sleep is just supposed to work "out of the box"? I had to use PleaseSleep with Lion but now even with that it won't sleep...I can manually put it to sleep and wake fine however...any ideas?

ran into a few problems after updating my bios to U1C.

i was getting a kernel panic immediately after the chimera boot, referencing the IOACPIFamily and IOPCIFamily kexts. since i was at a loss for what to do, i booted with my ML unibeast disk and reformatted the drive and did a clean install. everything went well after that.

sleep doesn't work, either through the timer or through forcing it to sleep, but i suspect it might be an easy fix through changing some bios settings. also, the screen wakes up immediately after the timer for set screen to sleep kicks in.

can anyone with working sleep on this board post their exact bios settings? would love to compare and contrast.

also, something weird that occurred during my install was that before reformatting the drive and doing a clean install, i installed ML over top of my previous ML installation. This allowed me to boot into ML but it would kernel panic within a minute or so with no reason given. It was just the generic your computer has encountered and error and needs to be restarted message that's shown in 6 languages. during this time, strangely enough, i was able to use my apple wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse in the UEFI bios. i tried out all sorts of different bios settings to see if the KPs would stop, but it just kept up no matter what i tweaked.

when i finally reformatted the drive and installed a clean ML, the bluetooth keyboard no longer worked in bios or at the chimera boot screen. if anyone has any insight on this issue, i'm all ears. i'd love to get the bluetooth keyboard working at the chimera screen again (and in the bios too, but that might be a pipe dream).

EDIT: My system also immediately wakes from sleep on forced sleep through power button as well/

Hi guys,

I'm also using the new EFI on my Z68MX.
If I use Mac Pro 3,1 sys.def. everything works fine - no audio popping
But when I wake up the computer, it's not working - fans, HDDs everything turn on, but no screen, no USB, nothing (it's a KP, I guess).
If I use iMac 12,x sleep is fine, but the audio is popping, and it reconnects to ethernet.
I have tried all the sys.defs., but none of them were perfect.

Do you have any tip? :)

Hi guys,

But when I wake up the computer, it's not working - fans, HDDs everything turn on, but no screen, no USB, nothing (it's a KP, I guess).
If I use iMac 12,x sleep is fine, but the audio is popping, and it reconnects to ethernet.

The monitor not waking on sleep was caused by the DSDT for me. Without using it sleep works better for me. USB drives don't stay connected through sleep but mount immediately after waking.

The monitor not waking on sleep was caused by the DSDT for me. Without using it sleep works better for me. USB drives don't stay connected through sleep but mount immediately after waking.

I'm not using DSDT - clean ML install, "DSDT-free".
USB ports are not working, neither the BT dongle nor the keyboard LED light up. And I can only turn off the PC holding the power button for ~5 sec. So something is definitely wrong..:crazy:

And I have tried only with keyboard+mouse plugged in.

Hi guys,

use macmini 5,1 sys def. and use http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html antipop to stop audio from sleeping/popping.
g\

I wanted to report that my Z68MX rig is working great with the UEFI bios. In fact it solved a serious problem for me, my Apple 24" Cinema Display speakers would always cut in and out with the old 12 bios and DSDT, but now they are rock solid, aside from the big white case next to the desk I almost have a 100% Mac replica on my wife's desk. I still cannot make sleep work, but couldn't do that before anyway, and I don't need it (some device in my rig must not be compatible). I highly recommend the UEFI bios, they are much faster at boot up. The only issue I have with them is they are not compatible with the Apple Cinema Display, so I have to plug my Hack into my HDTV to edit the bios settings.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2
GA-Z68MX-UD2H
2500k running @ 4.5/4.4ghz with SSDT and +0.16v DVcore.
Gigabyte 6850

I am using the Mac Pro 3.1 profile and am getting geekbench scores in the 11k range with a 4.5 (1 core)/4.4 (2-4 cores) overclock, and 6.7pts on Cinebench.

Also of note, if you are doing a fresh install with a 6850, I find that removing the GPU, and installing using the HD3000 is the easiest method. Here are instructions. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...de-ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3-i5-2500k-6850-10-8-a.html

Also, 10.8.2 doesn't like the Motherboard Plugins on Multibeast 5.0.2. I wouldn't use them until a solution is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back