Contribute
Register

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH USB header and port mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH Sample SSDT Clarifications

Thankfully, there's an SSDT (link) for the very motherboard I'm going to build against (GA-Z170X-UD5 TH) posted in the Appendix of the Skylake Starter Guide (link).

I am hoping to get some clarification on a couple of suspected typos (or copy/paste errors) in the comments within the SSDT source regarding USB ports and headers. If no one replies, I'll try to answer this here myself once I get up and running.

For USB 3 headers, the source shows the following:

Code:
                   "SS05", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port <15 00 00 00>                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x15, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },   
                    "SS06", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port <16 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x16, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS07", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port <17 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x17, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS08", Package() // USB3 #1 from USB3 motherboard header 2, port <18 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x18, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },

I was expecting to see USB3 #1 and USB3 #2 for each of headers 1 and 2.

Does anyone know what the correct header and port mapping is? My hardware is all on the way from Amazon currently, so I can't just try it out. If I'm able to figure it out later, I'll post here.

I intend to exclude the two USB ports above the PS/2 port to reach my 15 port limit, but in case it helps anyone else, I also suspect a copy/paste error in that section of the source as well:

Code:
                    "HS11", Package() // USB2/USB3 device on USB2 port above PS/2, port <0b 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x0b, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                     "HS12", Package() // USB2/USB3 device on USB2 port above PS/2, port <0c 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS13", Package() // USB2/USB3 device on USB2 port above PS/2, port <0d 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x0d, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS14", Package() // USB2/USB3 device on USB2 port above PS/2, port <0e 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x0e, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },

Does anyone out there know the mapping for those as well? Again, I'll post here later if I'm able to figure it out once my build is underway.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all I'm in trouble with Thunderbolt and ports. I cannot find a right DSDT and I don't understand how to patch for my Board. For what I have understood you need a SSDT but also a DSDT to make the motherboard work.
Thanks!

hi... some of you guys who have a fully functioning system, can you upload the [damned] ssdt fot this [damned] board [z170z-ud5-th] ... i've 'managed' through ssdtPRGen to generate a ssdt but it gave me some errors, and despite that, i still don't have sleep/shutdown...
please

hi... some of you guys who have a fully functioning system, can you upload the [damned] ssdt fot this [damned] board [z170z-ud5-th] ... i've 'managed' through ssdtPRGen to generate a ssdt but it gave me some errors, and despite that, i still don't have sleep/shutdown...
please

ssdtPRgen.sh is not necessary with your hardware. And besides that, it has nothing to do with USB.

please

What is it you're after?

please

I'll give you mine. The ports that are enabled/active in my setup are:
The two USB2 ports beside the PS/2 Port (HS13/14)
The 4 Blue USB3 ports below those (HS/SS01-04)
Two USB3 Ports in my case fed from MB Connector F_USB30_1 (HS/SS05-06)
Note: USB3.1/Thunderbolt is on a separate controller, natively supported.

Edit: removed UIA_Exclude arg, ports listed above are the only ones defined.

Put these files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 228
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    658 bytes · Views: 215
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 215
Last edited:
I'll give you mine. The ports that are enabled/active in my setup are:
The two USB2 ports beside the PS/2 Port (HS13/14)
The 4 Blue USB3 ports below those (HS/SS01-04)
Two USB3 Ports in my case fed from MB Connector F_USB30_1 (HS/SS05-06)
Note: USB3.1/Thunderbolt is on a separate controller, natively supported.

Edit: removed UIA_Exclude arg, ports listed above are the only ones defined.

Put these files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
thank you canyondust
i'll try that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back