Contribute
Register

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH USB header and port mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i'm on 14, since, i've still gave it a try... this is... almost a torture...obsession...whatever... i'm sure i did it right [that line 4 not converting to apfs]... and still there it is the damned apfs... then no sound...no sleep...only cigarettes are running smooth...
i'm reading again... with pencil/paper...then read again...
smth's wrong
anyway...now...this setup is only 4 having a place where to backup the valuables from the main setup [witch i've maneged to break]
.......cold sweat

anyway, the reason i'm here on this thread is that i was hoping to learn how to:
-check the current usb ports map
-pin-point the ones i use
-close/exclude those i don't

i keep seeing successful hackintoshers with long custom boot-flags...but nowhere a consistent guide 4 that
if there is a topic about that, please indicate it...and i must excuse myself...i'm simply exhausted
[and frustrated]

anyway, the reason i'm here on this thread is that i was hoping to learn how to:
-check the current usb ports map
-pin-point the ones i use
-close/exclude those i don't

i keep seeing successful hackintoshers with long custom boot-flags...but nowhere a consistent guide 4 that
if there is a topic about that, please indicate it...and i must excuse myself...i'm simply exhausted
[and frustrated]

You didn't answer the other important question I ask: Are you using USBinjectAll.kext (and if so, verify that it is loaded)

But, that is all part of your most recent question: ask and you shall receive. This is everything you need to get USB happening.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

well...i red all that ... alien stuff ... no...it's fine... i started understanding at some degree
my luck ... our luck is that Rehabman had that 'NUC6i7KYK' skylake with the same active '8086_a12f' ...let me call it 'hallway' with multiple doors... from witch we must disable [=delete] the ones we don't use...
so...
USBInjectAll.kext enables all of them [usb ports]...and then we have to crop from them [with a custom ssdt] only the ones we use
that makes sense
now
what [in my head] doesn't make sense is this:
if
USBInjectAll.kext enables ALL of them ... and that template [SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl] coincide with USBInjectAll.kext in terms of ports index... why [later, after trimming] we must specify witch port is usb2 or usb3 or internal...as long as we have started from a whole.... as an analogy...if we start from a Universe and we crop out only our solar system, why, then we have to specify extra details regarding the solar system?

...i'll ask him there

Last edited:
You only have to define port types of ports you’re going to use, and I think the type is important for defining USB2 ports (HS) that are on a USB3 header (SS), and internal (non-removable).

Remember to put in the port limit patch in your config.plist or USBInjectAll.kext won’t work properly.

Also, OS X can only properly address 15 of the 26 available ports, so you have to choose 15. (Each usb3 counts as 2 ports)

Last edited:
i see... but... specifying NOW something, could be a limitation in the FUTURE...[auto-limitation] i mean...if a port could function as a usb3, and i define it as usb2, then, tomorrow i won't be able to use it as usb3... the right choice would be to define them according to the producer's [gigabyte] specifications...right ?

ok...from a more practical point of view...did you preserved your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl after cropping ? could you please share it?...or... i think i could use exactly your resulting ssdt [/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched] since it is the same MB [those you've uploaded here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-and-port-mapping.186598/page-2#post-1680369]
Remember to put in the port limit patch in your config.plist or USBInjectAll.kext won’t work properly.
you mean
Clover > Custom Flags: uia_exclude=HSxx;[all unused ports] ... ?

LE
no, i'm afraid i can't use yours, since i see you don't use HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12... you have been of a huge help anyway, and i can't thank you enough for that

Last edited:
i see... but... specifying NOW something, could be a limitation in the FUTURE...[auto-limitation] i mean...if a port could function as a usb3, and i define it as usb2, then, tomorrow i won't be able to use it as usb3... the right choice would be to define them according to the producer's [gigabyte] specifications...right ?

ok...from a more practical point of view...did you preserved your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl after cropping ? could you please share it?...or... i think i could use exactly your resulting ssdt [/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched] since it is the same MB [those you've uploaded here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-and-port-mapping.186598/page-2#post-1680369]
you mean

I actually didn’t trim down my ports, I built it up from nothing, so I don’t have one with all ports defined.

This is the patch to enable all 26 ports (100 series) with usbinjectall

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

you mean

LE
no, i'm afraid i can't use yours, since i see you don't use HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12... you have been of a huge help anyway, and i can't thank you enough for that

HS09;HS10 are usb2 headers on the MB, I doubt you’re using them too. HS11/12 are on the back beside the ethernet port, I sacrificed them so I could use the top two USB ports (HS13/14) beside the PS/2 port, and all 4 USB3 ports on the back (plus 2 USB3 on the front case from MB header F_USB30_1 (SS05/06)

well...it's done! ... i've trimmed them to 15ports, confirmed by IORegistryExplorer...
but don't congratulate me, 'cause i'm exactly as before ... shutdown>restarts [even tho i've checked 'fix shutdown'>ACPI]...sleeps for 2sec [after wake, no sound] ...
the only plus is that after wake the display doesn't show large square puzzle anymore...but that could be because of SMBIOS>14,2 [i'll try 17,1...but that implies lilu.kext afaik]

if you have any more ideas ...please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back