AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear All,
I have a lot of experience with computer (I’m a Mac user since 1984) and with PC, but this is my first try to build a Hackintosh.
This is the hardware of my built:
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 REV.1.1 BIOS VER. F7 19MARCH2014
CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K LGA 2011 @ 3.40GHz (6 core) CPUID 0x306E4
GRAPHIC CARD: Nvidia Quadro 2000
HARD DISK: Seagate 2,5” 750Gb
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast, 4x8Gb, DDR3-2400, [email protected]
WIFI: Atheros AR5006EXS (Apple original module, mounted on PCIx adapter)
Corsair Gold Power supply 1000W
Corsair Carbide case
Firewire: LSI 1394 OHCI

I did a moderate overclock of the system. The CPU runs at 4Ghz. The 4 RAM modules run at 2.4Ghz.
I installed on another hard disk dual boot Windows 7 + Ubuntu 14.04. I run the hardware for a full week, switching between the above mentioned OS and working with several programs.
The computer was really stable and it never crashes. I tested with success, of course the graphic card, the WIFI, the Firewire, and all other hardware peripherals.

Then, I can affirm, that the hardware is stable, and, I believe that it isn’t a source of problem.

Then I removed all the unnecessary hardware to install MacOSX Mavericks.
I removed Firewire, WIFI and I replaced the 2,5” HD with a brand new one.

I followed the guideline using the UniBeast method to built a USB install stick with Mavericks 10.9.2.

I booted my PC from this USB stick in verbose mode, using the following flags/options: (I tested either form the Chimera command line, either inserting them directly in the org.Chameleon.boot.plist)

-v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes UseKextCache=No PCIRootUID=0/1

First of all I have never Kernel Panic and I’m able to enter in single user mode if I use –s option.

But the startup process is quite slow (I don’t know if it is normal). The kernel seems to wait a lot aftewr the following lines appear:
1) AppleIntelE1000e(Info) : AppleIntelE1000e.......
2) USBMSC Identifier (non-unique) : 1404288500097…....
3) SMC ::smcInitHelper EROR : MMIO regMap == NULL – fall back to old SMC mode
The kernel wait a lot, especially here, before to show the following line:
4) WARNING : IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknow CPU model 0x3e
5) power management may be incomplete or unsupported
6) DSMOS has arrived
7) [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] – completed

Is it normal to wait a lot of time when the previous operations are performed by the kernel?
Is it normal to get an unknow CPU model?

At the end of the process, I see the mouse arrow over the black screen with kernel messages and I never get the MacOSX installer.

The black screen with kernel messages could be related to the fact the Nvidia Quadro is an unsupported Graphic card?

Thank you very much if someone could help to solve this installation issue.:rolleyes:

Massimo

But the startup process is quite slow (I don’t know if it is normal). The kernel seems to wait a lot aftewr the following lines appear:
1) AppleIntelE1000e(Info) : AppleIntelE1000e.......
2) USBMSC Identifier (non-unique) : 1404288500097…....
3) SMC ::smcInitHelper EROR : MMIO regMap == NULL – fall back to old SMC mode
The kernel wait a lot, especially here, before to show the following line:
4) WARNING : IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknow CPU model 0x3e
5) power management may be incomplete or unsupported
6) DSMOS has arrived
7) [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] – completed

Massimo

What you are seeing here is correct.

AppleIntelE1000 is the kext loading for the ethernet
USBMSC is the USB mass storage controller relating to the unibeast key
smcInitHelper happens on pretty much every hack and real mac's too and is nothing to worry about
getCPUIDInfo / unknown CPU model is common at this stage
DSMOS is correct
Bluetooth message is correct

None of the above messages should stop your hack booting as such. The wait you are now seeing is probably related to graphics; the mouse cursor you see on the text screen confirms this.

Very few people post regarding Quadro graphics and there isnt much in the forums relating to them.

What you could *try*, is to use a different graphics card for installing; then install the latest nvidia drivers, then put the Quadro card back in. Not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Thank you very much for your answer. Today I'll buy a NVidia card and I replace the NVidia Quadro. L'll buy one suggested on tonymac build list.
I'll try then again the installation process and I post the results.

Thank you very much for your answer. Today I'll buy a NVidia card and I replace the NVidia Quadro. L'll buy one suggested on tonymac build list.
I'll try then again the installation process and I post the results.

I have two different 760's here (One is 2 Gb, the other is 4 Gb); both work OOB. I understand the 780 works just as well, but once you have picked your nvidia card, do a quick search of the forums to confirm it will work ok.

I have selected the following video card: GV-N770OC-4GD (rev. 2.0) New WINDFORCE 3X 450W
It was the only one available close to me with fast delivery.
Do you believe that this card will work fine with my hardware?
I hope yes!
The Nvidia Quadro 2000 is a used device I paid not a lot but this one I paid close to $350.
Thanks

I have selected the following video card: GV-N770OC-4GD (rev. 2.0) New WINDFORCE 3X 450W
It was the only one available close to me with fast delivery.
Do you believe that this card will work fine with my hardware?
I hope yes!
The Nvidia Quadro 2000 is a used device I paid not a lot but this one I paid close to $350.
Thanks

The threads here and here suggest so.

I have received the GTX770 some days ago. I was able to install OSX Mavericks on 2 different HDs:
- installation num.1 using Unibeast to startup the computer, I have installed first OS Mavericks from the USB stick, then I have installed all the extensions using the last version of Multibeast.
- installation num.2. I have 4 "official" Mac, then I installed Mavericks using my MacBook on the second hardisk, connected to the Mac using an USB-SATA interface. Using Multibeast then I installed the same Hext and the same configuration as the installation nium.1 (I found several thread with suggestions on what to install: thanks)

In both cases I had the problem that I cannot start-up from the harddisk, but I have to use the USB stick, to load Chameleon and the to select the boot HD. For both HD, probably, the issue is related to the error of the hardisk with sector of 4k: I had no time to try to fix this minor issue.

But the big ISSUE is that, even if the Kernel boot without problem and the Hackintosh never freeze, the machine is always in a kind of strange "SLOW MOTION" mode: you can see menu and windows opening so slow that you can count the line appearing on the screen.

In my opinion this is absolutely not linked with the video card, because I tried other video card now, including the NVidia Quadro 2000, that works as good as the GeoForce, in other word always in slow motion.

Also the installation was in slow motion, this was reason I believed that the Quadro was not compatible, because it seemed that it frozen the installation process, but in reality was not related to the graphic card at all.

This Hackintosh was in slow motion since the first time I tried to start OSX, and also the kenel response itself is in slow motion.

Is someone able to explain why?

I will post a full system profile and screen dumps of different system information. Up to now I'm not able to understand, but I believe that this is related to the mobo+i4930k and some BIOS strange behavior!

Please give me some hints.

Maxo_O:|

GA-X79-UP4 + i4930k + Nvidia Quadro: issue to get the installer

Thank you for the answer. I'll try to follow carefully this installation guide, but, so far I had no issues to install, to boot and I didn't tried to fix any kind of audio issue.

My issue is that my Hackintosh is working like in slow motion and I cannot find any kind of fix to solve this issue. I can use different graphic card including the official GTX770: no difference!

I have installed the VodooSync kext and the CPU is reported as the right one, but the system works like a turtle, to do all operation either on the screen or normal working operations.

I think this is related to GA-X79-UP4+i4930k+ some strange BIOS behavior.

Is someone able to explain in detail what is going on?

I forgot my mobo GA-X79-UP4 with last BIOS F7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back