Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R(v2) i7-930 5770 MugenIIrB AD5240S DLink122

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the latest DSDT and I have double checked, using the Gigabyte windows tool, that my BIOS is version FB. I used @BIOS to patch and everything seems to be working just fine...

Aside from the fact that I get kernel panics every now and then... and that they seem to be more or less random. :? :( :thumbdown:

Gash said:
I am using the latest DSDT and I have double checked, using the Gigabyte windows tool, that my BIOS is version FB. I used @BIOS to patch and everything seems to be working just fine...

Aside from the fact that I get kernel panics every now and then... and that they seem to be more or less random. :? :( :thumbdown:
Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5913 for the shutdown KP solution.

Additional information:

OK, so I left the computer running whilst I went out to do a lot of other things. Previous attempts at trying to figure out what was causing the KP's had been more or less without merit so I tried a different approach.

I had noticed that, on almost all previous occasions that the KP happened, the time was always at the top of the hour or half hour. So I started thinking what happens in the system at those two times and it turns out that I have the desktop background change set for 30min intervals.

For this test I decided to navigate to an alarm clock website in the web browser, deactivated the desktop image changer and noted the time when I left the computer. That way, when I returned I would know at what time the KP happened and for how long the computer would stay stable.

Said and done. I went out - came back home - and checked the computer. Even though it had been five hours the KP had not happened. Allright! So I went and did some stuff in the kitchen and came back some time later... sat down and started working.

Firefox gets the WoD. Finder gets the WoD. Chrome gets the WoD. System is still responsive via keystrokes in TextEditor and stuff like Caps-Lock still works... but the whole system seems to be suffering from some kind of major memory leak.

Finally everything just stops working and I had to reset in order to reboot.

The struggle continues. First off I am going to test the new DSDT from MacMan!

Wow... well this install is really one that just keeps on giving...

OK, I went back to OS X. Installed the new DSDT from MacMan using the latest version of MultiBeast/User DSDT. Right after that I restarted the computer and I get a hang at the boot loader screen.

Back to W7 I go. Load up EasyBCD and loe and behold - "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified. Would you like to load it manually?"

No, thanks. :banghead:

So now I'm trying to figure out how to regain the ability to even boot from the primary drive. It seems reinstalling the W7 MBR will not do the trick. Something else has to be done.

I welcome all ideas. Thank you.

/Gash

Just attempted Windows Recovery tool from the original W7 install disc but it was not able to repair the BCD partition. Is it possible for me to install Chameleon on top of this and use that to boot both W7 and OS X? Right now I am using the iBoot CD that I used during the install of OS X.

I went back to OS X to see weather or not the new DSDT had alleviated the problem. Alas. Now networking no longer works (?). Maybe this is caused by some other factor which is not apparent to me (such as using the iBoot CD to start the system).

Feel free to chip in at any time... I am running out of ideas fast here. :?

Gash said:
Just attempted Windows Recovery tool from the original W7 install disc but it was not able to repair the BCD partition. Is it possible for me to install Chameleon on top of this and use that to boot both W7 and OS X? Right now I am using the iBoot CD that I used during the install of OS X.

I went back to OS X to see weather or not the new DSDT had alleviated the problem. Alas. Now networking no longer works (?). Maybe this is caused by some other factor which is not apparent to me (such as using the iBoot CD to start the system).

Feel free to chip in at any time... I am running out of ideas fast here. :?

How long have you been running the system? Fresh install of everything? I know it's a real pain to do ...

I totally hear you notshy and if no one else comes up with alternative suggestions, that is the road I will have to take... (GAAAH! :crazy: :eek: :? )

I will keep my hopes up a while longer though...

Gash said:
I totally hear you notshy and if no one else comes up with alternative suggestions, that is the road I will have to take... (GAAAH! :crazy: :eek: :? )

Did you try notshy's suggestion about disabling Turbo in the Advanced CPU options in your BIOS? I had a similar problem to yours, machine just restarted every few minutes or so, and disabling turbo made everything work just fine after that.

Hackintoshron said:
Gash said:

Did you try notshy's suggestion about disabling Turbo in the Advanced CPU options in your BIOS? I had a similar problem to yours, machine just restarted every few minutes or so, and disabling turbo made everything work just fine after that.

If you clicked "Optimized settings" in Bios settings then it switches on Turbo automatically.
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/optimal-bios-configuration.html

I've also seen that some people have had more stable systems with some BIOS settings set to Enabled rather than Auto with regards to some of the CPU settings - have a look at this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2617

Guys! (or gals... w/e)

Thank you for all this new insight and information. I will start piling through this right now!

I will let you know what I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back