Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R(v2) i7-930 5770 MugenIIrB AD5240S DLink122

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have read and followed all of the information given in the above posts.

The problem with the bcd partition still resides. I can however work with both my W7 and OS X systems. One problem remains in OS X now though. The network has stopped working. This was working fine before. I reinstalled everything according to the standard guide for CustoMac2010 and made sure to test both the old kext and the new Lnx2Mac kext.

Both give me the same situation. OS X detects eth0 fine... but it refuses to attain an IP (or any other settings) from the DHCP. I tried manual configuration but that still will not get eth0 interface to go "up".

:rolleyes: :?:

I'm going to keep trying to work with OS X now though... to see if my kernel panic issues have been resolved.

Thank you for all the help so far!

EDIT:
I should note that I do get the UP/Activity-Led to light up on both my machine and the router.
EDIT2:
After having done some more checks. Sound is not working either. QuartzExtreme seems to be working though.

Gash said:
I reinstalled everything according to the standard guide for CustoMac2010 and made sure to test both the old kext and the new Lnx2Mac kext.

Both give me the same situation. OS X detects eth0 fine... but it refuses to attain an IP (or any other settings) from the DHCP. I tried manual configuration but that still will not get eth0 interface to go "up".
<snip>

EDIT:
I should note that I do get the UP/Activity-Led to light up on both my machine and the router.
Very weird.
Care to install the debug version of my kext, and post your kernel.log ?
Thanks,

Not sure what to tell everyone right now... At this point it seems my install is 100% stable.

I found out the hard way that using the iBoot CD has it's ins and outs... and of course, as with all things... it's always nice to know what the heck is going on behind the scenes.

It seems that in my dispair with this BCD issue and not being able to boot directly from hd0 but instead having to go via the iBoot CD... had left me in a situation where I had three layers of boot loaders. First the actual CD... which gave me three options: CD, OS X, W7 - and after this - if I selected to boot W7 - I would get the normal W7 boot loader with two options: W7 and OS X. Upon selecting OS X in this screen I would end up in yet another Chameleon screen with two options: OS X and W7. By selecting OS X in this third screen it would seem that ALL the correct kexts and DSDTs would get loaded.

Everything seems to be working perfectly. The system is extremely stable even under crazy loads and I am getting a rough 8700 in geekbench. If anyone care to comment my benching results that would be great! I am somewhat confused as to why I am getting low scores on memory testing. You can find my test results attached in this post.

All that remains is to resolve this whole BCD issue.

THANK YOU!
:clap: :headbang: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• gashs_geekbench_score.tiff
    147.3 KB · Views: 239
One full days worth of working with the new rig and all I can say is. IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

I wish I could figure out why the memory is showing up as 1079MHz and the bus speed as 536MHz... But all in good time I guesse. I'm gonna try and read up on this.

If anyone know threads on this it would be great to read about them.

Gash said:
Hello everyone, this is my build thread using almost all of the same components as the classical CustoMac Pro 2010 build.

After the final MultiBeast install I rebooted and arrived to a fully working operating system. All that remained was to install the Bluetooth USB dongle and configure my Magic Mouse. In the back of my head I had foreseen a lot of trouble but this was as easy as plugging in the USB device to my new computer and turning on the mouse. It seems Apple includes drivers for the D-Link 122 in the retail version of OS X.

Gash

Can you wake your computer with your magic mouse everytime it goes to sleep? I have have pretty much the same setup but I can wake successfully with my MM only on the first sleep, it fails to wake on subsequent sleeps. Sometime on subsequent sleeps when the computer goes to sleep it actually shuts down. I think it's the magic mouse issue because I have no problems with any other bluetooth mice paired with my macpro.

I have 2 1/2 days worth of uptime right now and so far I have not had any issues what so ever with pretty much anything... I still need to solve my BCD-issue but hopefully I will find some good tutorial or something like that on how to re-install iBoot (or somehow make the current install work again).

My rig goes to sleep and wakes up fine. Both using keyboard and MM. I use the D-Link 122 which have official support for OS X SL - which BT unit are you using?

Gash said:
My rig goes to sleep and wakes up fine. Both using keyboard and MM. I use the D-Link 122 which have official support for OS X SL - which BT unit are you using?

I am using DBT-120:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006 ... ss_product

Do you have "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" checked in your BT seetings?
Could be the difference in DSDT, I am using dood's DSDT since I found that ToneyMac's posted DSDT for the GA-X58A-UD3R(v2) doesn't let me shutdown my rig gracefully (I am running my kernel in 64bit though).

FortKnUX said:
Gash said:

I am using DBT-120:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006 ... ss_product

Do you have "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" checked in your BT seetings?
Could be the difference in DSDT, I am using dood's DSDT since I found that ToneyMac's posted DSDT for the GA-X58A-UD3R(v2) doesn't let me shutdown my rig gracefully (I am running my kernel in 64bit though).

MacMan has fixed the shut down issue with our boards. Redownload the new DSDT from the database

notshy said:

MacMan has fixed the shut down issue with our boards. Redownload the new DSDT from the database

Indeed, the new DSDT fixed the shutdown :)
But I still get pretty much the same behavior with my MM - computer shuts down on subsequent sleeps. And I used 4 different dongles including "official" one like Targus ACB10US (ver1). Very strange.... :problem:
With the new MacMan's DSDT I noticed that my Geekbench 32bit dropped from 9400 to 8700 and now I get an old error back "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData – _CST evaluation failed", which is understandable since it's missing SSDT entries. Do you have the forum thread where they discuss our board with MacMan's new DSDT? Maybe one of these days I will try to compare dood's DSDT with MacMans... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back