Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R Catalina Install Mini Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. you did put the latest versions of Lilu and Whatever Green in the kext/other folder right? Also, add -v to your boot args and post a screen shot of the crash/message you see when it stops.
this I'm installing is Mojave

nothing no have time for continue…. :)
I managed to get into the desktop
I mounted the old Nvidia GT330 but there are no working drivers
Audio: OK Work.
i found my old DSDT patch but i don't remember where i can put it !!!!!
tomorrow i try my OLD OLD OLD ATI HD4780
thanks

nothing no have time for continue…. :)
I managed to get into the desktop
I mounted the old Nvidia GT330 but there are no working drivers
Audio: OK Work.
i found my old DSDT patch but i don't remember where i can put it !!!!!
tomorrow i try my OLD OLD OLD ATI HD4780
thanks
Yes, you may have a problem with the Nvidea GPU, but try the inject Nvidia property in Graphics section with Clover Configurator. If you use the ATI, inject ATI instead.

Reactions: Pug
If you are installing Mojave, you should be using the UniBeast 9.3.0 - Mojave version, not the 10 version for Catalina. Mojave should actually install easier.
I used unibeats, I started the installation, I got to select
the language, to format and select the disk on which I wanted to install macOS, then the installation starts on the hard disk, but it reaches about 80% and restarts, and remains blocked (look at the photo)
the hard disk does not start and
the usb is no longer bootable

Attachments

• 77D2C464-68C2-47C4-8DAB-54577F7FF12A.jpeg
    77D2C464-68C2-47C4-8DAB-54577F7FF12A.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2EED51E9-53BA-41C8-B9C0-530C3DB21D35.jpeg
    2EED51E9-53BA-41C8-B9C0-530C3DB21D35.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 92
I used unibeats, I started the installation, I got to select
the language, to format and select the disk on which I wanted to install macOS, then the installation starts on the hard disk, but it reaches about 80% and restarts, and remains blocked (look at the photo)
the hard disk does not start and
the usb is no longer bootable
The machine may reboot a couple of times during installation. After your machine reboots during the installation, you still have to pick the flash drive Mojave installer to start the installation again and finish. So, when the Mojave installer reboots on its own, make sure you boot again from the flash drive. When the clover menu appears, you will select the install partition on the hard disk or SSD onto which you are installing Mojave which should be called "Boot macOS Install..." in clover. Do not try to boot directly from the hard drive until the Mojave installation is completely finished, and you can install necessary software and kexts with MultiBeast 11.3.0 - Mojave, which you should probably copy to your Mojave flash drive as well before installation and then when installation is complete, MultiBeast is used for post installation SMBIOS, drivers, and other necessary stuff.

The machine may reboot a couple of times during installation. After your machine reboots during the installation, you still have to pick the flash drive Mojave installer to start the installation again and finish. So, when the Mojave installer reboots on its own, make sure you boot again from the flash drive. When the clover menu appears, you will select the install partition on the hard disk or SSD onto which you are installing Mojave which should be called "Boot macOS Install..." in clover. Do not try to boot directly from the hard drive until the Mojave installation is completely finished, and you can install necessary software and kexts with MultiBeast 11.3.0 - Mojave, which you should probably copy to your Mojave flash drive as well before installation and then when installation is complete, MultiBeast is used for post installation SMBIOS, drivers, and other necessary stuff.
yes I know, but the problem is that it does not restart again, I leave it still but it does not start again, it never returned to the clover menu, it reaches 80% of the installation and then it restarts and remains still on photo number 2

yes I know, but the problem is that it does not restart again, I leave it still but it does not start again, it never returned to the clover menu, it reaches 80% of the installation and then it restarts and remains still on photo number 2
it's Ok if it doesn't automatically restart, just hard restart it with the USB Flash installer but select the internal Mojave drive after you see clover come up. So it's boot from the Flash to get the right stuff to boot into the Mojave drive until you finish installation and can run Multibeast.

OK, if you're still interested. I was able to recover the EFI folder from the machine I installed Catalina on. It's actually still working very well on BIOS FF and has been updated now to 10.15.6. And, by the way, I installed the EmuVariableUefi.efi driver (yes, it is UEFI, but seems to work for legacy as well) and it solved my issue with not doing a full shutdown! Works great now with that installed. Works with or without the DSDT too! Enjoy!

Attachments

• EFI x58-ud3r Catalina 10.15.6.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back