Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running my hackintosh using a dsdt file I got here. I've been running it for the last year and a half without problem, but no sound. I finally decided to fix the sound. I used an old version of multibeast(3.7.2), and chose options:
-rebuild caches
-repair permissions
-apple hda rollback (I already had the alc8xx kext so I assumed I didn't need to add it again)

I had remembered issues with repairing permissions so I ran it again in disk utility. Restarted and got a kernel panic in grey screen. Now I can't get it to boot successfully. So here's what I've tried:

-used rboot cd, gets to grey screen and stops. No kernel panic just stops.
-used an old iboot cd, boots into OSX but the mouse and keyboard don't work
-used a Chameleon flash in various forms(dsdt and non dsdt) and the bootloader won't even run

Right now I just want to get it to boot again so I can troubleshoot the audio. I'm out of ideas, and any help would be appreciated.

hardware:
Gigabyte UD3r rev 1.0
i7 930
Nvidia GTS 250
WD 500 GB partition
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Can you post a picture of the kernel panic? Hard to diagnose issue without the more info

KP screen.JPG
and extra folder:
extra screen.jpg

Well, it looks that you have a failure with the NVEnabler.kext. Either way, you can't have both voodoo and the realtek drivers. I'd think you could get rid of the voodoo.kext since it's in the backtrace, which should restore your "bootability".

Sorry to be naive but how is voodoo showing up in the kp if it's no longer in my extras folder? Also any ideas how to boot so I can delete the file?

Sorry to be naive but how is voodoo showing up in the kp if it's no longer in my extras folder? Also any ideas how to boot so I can delete the file?

Dont think you are naive... we all went though this at some point. installed kexts go into /system/library/extensions. You need to delete it from there. Also, when you try to boot after deleting the kext use the kernel flag "KernelCache=no". That should prompt the system to reload the kexts and prevent another KP

Phew, I type from my hackintosh once again. The voodoo kext was the problem, thanks for the help mate you had it exactly right.

Still don't know why the system wouldn't boot properly from iboot or rboot, I thought the extensions folder didn't matter when using an external boot device?

To get back in I wound up installing OSX on a flash drive, iboot still wouldn't load it so I added my extras folder and it finally worked. I deleted the voodoo kext and it booted fine, working sound and all. :thumbup:

Phew, I type from my hackintosh once again. The voodoo kext was the problem, thanks for the help mate you had it exactly right.

Still don't know why the system wouldn't boot properly from iboot or rboot, I thought the extensions folder didn't matter when using an external boot device?

To get back in I wound up installing OSX on a flash drive, iboot still wouldn't load it so I added my extras folder and it finally worked. I deleted the voodoo kext and it booted fine, working sound and all. :thumbup:

Good to hear your up and running! If you want to keep messing around with kexts, SR tools might be worth using so you can revert back easily... http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/sr-tools-kext-management-undo-version.html

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back