Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD2 Catalina Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to configure the 570. Otherwise looks like my old P55 system specs. Should work fine with Catalina.

I'm running Catalina on a GA-P55M-UD2 using the straightforward Unibeast 10 + MultiBeast option.
MultiBeast 12.3.0-3 did not install expected drivers into the EFI, and Clover did not recognize the boot drive
Solution : I simply did a copy/paste of the EFI/OC/drivers folder from the USB drive

I always install on a fresh disk then use Migration Assistant.

I've had this P55M-UD2 running as a hackintosh since I bought it in 2009 (!!!).

SMBios uses the default 14,2 (haven't tried 6,1 which OpenCore suggests for this Lynnfield board).
Video:
I have a an Nvidia 710 I bought, to replace the Nvidia 1060 I had been using on prior OS (High Sierra). Upgrading to the better card is a task for another day.
Sound:
A $8 Sabrent USB external adapter solves having working sound.

Sleep/wake does not work, but that's also task for another day.

I spent 10 days trying to upgrade using the OpenCore approach. I was thwarted by the oddest problem: my HP USB keyboard is not recognized by the OpenCore boot loader, no matter what USB port I used. Faced with that, I tried but couldn't figure out how to get the "picker" to default to the right selection; it's a hurdle I couldn't surpass. So back to UniBeast/MultiBeast - which was a surprisingly easier route to baseline functionality.

Attachments

• Missing EFI drivers.png
    Missing EFI drivers.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 6.49.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 6.49.51 PM.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.24.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.24.24 PM.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 43
@ibruno

Hi,
did you ever get Catalina working on your GA-P55M-UD2?

Hi,
At least I could do a fresh install of Catalina on my GA-P55M-UD2, but it didn't work with the ATI - Graphics. I put in my old nVidea 9500GT. The problem was, that with the ATI, I never came further than to choose, on which drive the macOS should be installed. After this, there there was nothing shown on the screen.

At the moment I cannot install the latest update - I've got 10.15.7, but there seems to be one more (supplemental update).

Strange: After every install-step, the BIOS of the board was reset - I can't´remember if this happened during former installation-processes.

At the moment there are no special nVidea drivers are loaded, hopefully I´ll get the ATI running.

Last edited:
@ibruno

Hi,
did you ever get Catalina working on your GA-P55M-UD2?
Hi,

Yes I was able to get Catalina running by doing a new installation. Unfortunately I fried the motherboard soon afterwards and now have a different motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back