1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard: GA-H97N wifi
CPU: i7-4790k

Hello!,

I'm new to all of this and I've tried my hardest to figure this out on my own before posting here. I'm trying to install el capitan on a GA-H97N without a dedicated GPU

Here's what I've got going so far:

1. I've created my bootable drive
  2. I've fixed all settings in BIOS recommended
  3. I've gotten to clover boot loader screen

It starts to load the installer and gets about 3/4 of the way pretty quickly. When I put it in verbose mode it shows me the attached image.
IMG_2919.jpgIMG_2919.jpg

I've also tried the following options:
-v -x nv_disabled=1 IGPEnabler=No

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello!,

I'm new to all of this and I've tried my hardest to figure this out on my own before posting here. I'm trying to install el capitan on a GA-H97N without a dedicated GPU

Here's what I've got going so far:

1. I've created my bootable drive
  2. I've fixed all settings in BIOS recommended
  3. I've gotten to clover boot loader screen

It starts to load the installer and gets about 3/4 of the way pretty quickly. When I put it in verbose mode it shows me the attached image.
View attachment 172345View attachment 172345

I've also tried the following options:
-v -x nv_disabled=1 IGPEnabler=No

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

nv_disabled=1 is wrong, it should be nv_disable=1

Looks like you may have an active Serial port, disable it in your BIOS.
Also disable VT-d in BIOS.

Connect to your monitor with a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give all of your suggestions a shot and let you know!

Ok so I've made all the changes you've suggested... I've disabled all of the open serial ports that aren't being used, I've changed it to nv_disable=1, and I'm using HDMI. Still no luck :( for some reason I keep getting that message at the bottom about "power management is incomplete or unsupported" .... Any ideas?

IMG_2921.jpg

I got el capitan working. I couldn't boot from my system drive though after installing multibeast so I copied the clover folder from my USB drive to my system drive and now I can boot from the system drive.

audo isn't working though and neither is usb 3.0 or sleep/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back