HD4400; R5 M255;1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
  3. Other
Hello I have a succes installation with the following:

Motherboard - GA-H81M-S1 rev. 2.1
Bios version - FF
CPU- Intel Core i3 4170 (Intel® HD Graphics 4400)

1)Bios - Load Optimized Defaults

2) Followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/

Steps 1-2-3-4-5

On step 5 I've choosed

Quick Start - UEFI boot
Drivers- Audio - ALC887/888b
Disk - 3rd party Sata
Network - RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
Usb -3rd party USB 3.0

Audio and networking works fine.

The question is what do I do with Intel HD 4400 shows only 5 mb memory ?
I have only VGA on motherboard no hdmi or dvi-d

What are my options?

VGA is not supported so you will need to add a supported GPU like a GT710. To be clear if the board did have digital video connections then it is possible to get the HD4400 graphics running properly in macOS.

Using 15 pin d-sub only really works correctly in macOS when used via an active DisplayPort > VGA adaptor (that would be DisplayPort on either the motherboard or GPU. There is no guarantee that VGA will work otherwise - it is random luck and that seems to run out with some updates. There is a lot of YMMV around VGA.

VGA is not supported so you will need to add a supported GPU like a GT710. To be clear if the board did have digital video connections then it is possible to get the HD4400 graphics running properly in macOS.

Using 15 pin d-sub only really works correctly in macOS when used via an active DisplayPort > VGA adaptor (that would be DisplayPort on either the motherboard or GPU. There is no guarantee that VGA will work otherwise - it is random luck and that seems to run out with some updates. There is a lot of YMMV around VGA.
I have a working gt 710 video card next to me.

How do I install it now with my current setup ?
What are my exact steps.?

Connect it to the motherboard (remember to connect your monitor to the card) and boot to the UEFI. Change the graphics to the GPU slot instead of the Integrated options. Save and exit. Boot directly into El Capitan. :thumbup:

When you power off the computer. Unplug the mains cable from the PSU and then press the power button on the case - this uses any residual power and prevents an accidental short circuit like I did one time. Took out my board audio.:thumbdown

Connect it to the motherboard (remember to connect your monitor to the card) and boot to the UEFI. Change the graphics to the GPU slot instead of the Integrated options. Save and exit. Boot directly into El Capitan. :thumbup:

When you power off the computer. Unplug the mains cable from the PSU and then press the power button on the case - this uses any residual power and prevents an accidental short circuit like I did one time. Took out my board audio.:thumbdown

Man If I inderstand correctly . I disable in bios - Intel Processor Graphics - disabled.
Then after installing the Gt 710 I just boot into Mac os X Capitan?

Update after apple logo It does reboot. Maybe I need to enable something in clover? Should I use HDMI cable or dVI-d ?

Update after apple logo It does reboot. Maybe I need to enable something in clover? Should I use HDMI cable or dVI-d ?

Yes, use a digital cable between GPU and monitor. At the Clover screen press the space bar on your keyboard and arrow down to select verbose mode (-V)

Yes, use a digital cable between GPU and monitor. At the Clover screen press the space bar on your keyboard and arrow down to select verbose mode (-V)
It reboots after some text how do I input it here? I have no time to see the error text

I made a screenshot I will upload it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back