Contribute
Register

GA-H77N-WIFI Bluetooth not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magic trackpad still won't connect. Antenna is plugged. Keyboard always connects.

I am having the same issue with the built-in BT. Can't seem to get a stable connection with my keyboard or magic trackpad. I will try the antenna suggestion, however, I did purchase a separate BT USB dongle and would prefer to use that. But how can I disable the onboard one so there is no confusion?

Thanks

**UPDATE**
I connected an antenna to the connector on the back closest to the HDMI connector and it still doesn't work. Tried the other antenna connector and the same result.

Is it possible to physically remove the wifi/bluetooth card so that I can use the BT USB dongle instead? Would this avoid the confusion of which BT to use?

Is it possible to physically remove the wifi/bluetooth card so that I can use the BT USB dongle instead? Would this avoid the confusion of which BT to use?

Quite possible. I replaced mine with an Atheros 9280-based card, which works out-of-the-box and use BT USB dongle only when I need it.

You can't disable the bluetooth in BIOS but the wifi doesn't work so I just removed it and use an Iogear bluetooth dongle and everything works fine.

The BT in my H77N-WIFI works fine. You do need to remember to have the external antenna connected (the one closest to the HDMI port on the back). That's the only "gotcha" I can think of.

Man I've been trying to get this straightened out for an hour or so, came upon this comment and hooked an antenna to it and now my trackpad is PERFECT. Thank you so, so much! This is Internet gold right here sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back