Contribute
Register

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 _ ATI 5770/Sound/Network Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to install the kexts from Multibeast to get sound working.

I did install the following kexts with MultiBeast:
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
ALC889

You would save much time when you would read the complete topic (yes 10 pages HOW MUCH!!) before trying anything.. there are a lot of other users who explained better ways than EasyBeast from the first page :/

I deleted the extra folder and reapply MultiBeast with userDSDT.
Network is working but sound is not. I read the entire thread, there were mentions of the Realtek driver for networking but nothing for the sound. Could you please point me to the exact post or at least the page?

Ok the topic is a bit scratchy, I grant, on the last 3 pages thelol, netcastle and my humble self figured out by trying and many failures what are the best settings for this mainboard.

However this is what I've used:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-21 um 00.50.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-21 um 00.50.56.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 241
I don't get it.
I started from scratch, installed 10.6.0 and selected exactly the Multibeast options shown by you.
I could not start the computer with any bootflag at all, however I could start with the iBoot disk. Maybe, it's due to the Chimera bootloader.
I'll do it again this evening, this time without the Chimera bootloader, I guest that the defaut bootloader of MultiBeast is a different one.

PS: sorry for being a noob, the DSDT downloaded from tonymac database can be used as is after renaming it to DSDT.aml or it has to be edited before use ?

Edit: after updating to 10.6.8, it can not start at all regardless of the bootloader.
The last message from the boot said:

ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space

Memory allocation error! Addr=0x0, Size=0x40019c0, File=ati.c, Line=1228

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

Seems to be an error due to your graphics card, try typing "GraphicsEnabler=no" in Chimera bootmenu or (if you have) another card for debug.

What are the differences between the Chimera bootloader and the default one installed by MultiBeast ?

Chimera is the default bootloader of Multibeast

Sorry, I'm confused. This is what I read from tonymac guide:

NOTE: EasyBeast, and UserDSDT install the bootloader by default, so you'll not need to check that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back