1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Machine Specs:

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 (Rev1.1)
Intel 2500 - 3.3GHz Core i5
About this Mac " 827GHz Unknown Processor "
Snow Leo 10.6.0 Retail Disc
Gigabyte Batmobile ATI 5770 1G Card (Dual 24" @ 1920x1200 w/ DVI)
System profiler " ATI Radeon 5770 "
Ripjaw 8GB DDR 1333 Kit.
About this Mac " 8GB DDR3 1333 "

I have a Silverstone FT03 Case and Silverstone modular power supply comming, I will add pictures when I get them.

Please note: I can confirm you can use Onboard Video OR the ATI card for install.

I had the HD plugged into SATA 0 (yes the white one) and the DVD drive in SATA 1(yes the white one, This also worked when plugged into the blue ports.)
INSTALL with only 4GB Stick in, I will tell you later when I put the other 4GB Stick back in.

Step 1 - Change the bios to HPET 64, and AHCI enabled.

Step 2 - Boot off of the iBoot Legacy Disc, F5 and refresh after swapping the disc for Sno Leo 10.6.0 Retail, Boot the Sno Leo disc and format HD to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID"

Step 3 - Install 10.6.0 with no extra options, so deselect everything under " custom install" - After install is completed reboot with iBoot Legacy Disc and select your Macintosh HD this time.

Step 4 - Once booted into Sno Leo Open the following A- Combo 10.6.6, B- Bridge Helper, C-Multibeast 3.3.

Run the combo update and DO NOT restart.
Run Bridge Helper.
Run MultiBeast - I selected the following:
Easy Beast Install
System Utilities
OSx86 SOftware
Under Drivers and Boot Loaders Select "Chameleon 2.0 RC5 ATI Experimental for the 5770"

And restart after install. *Note* If MultiBeast Closes just re open it.

Step 5 - My system restarted and I got a black screen booting from HD.
So boot off of the iBoot Legacy Disc and select Macintosh HD.
Once in Sno Leo, I now had a machine with 10.6.6.
We need to ADD the PCI boot flags so it can boot past the Black Screen.

My boot flags look like this:

-v arch=i386 -force64 PCIUID=1 busratio=29

Save and shutdown.

Install the other 4GB Stick for a total of 8GB. Turn on machine

Step 6 - My Machine rebooted from the HD and no more black screen The ATI Card working 100% Dual screens.

The Machine recognizes all 8GB of ram at the right speed.

Finally Step 7 - AUDIO / NETWORK.
Run MultiBeast and select the following:

System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
ALC889

Reboot!
Sound is golden!!!

On to network
Multibeast - This would NOT get the network working.

Next Install the "Realtek RTL81xx.kext" I cant remember where from its the one that spits out a bunch of crap on boot about logs or something but it worked.

Reboot = DONE

Thats it. The only this is that the machine is not recognizing my Processor. Geek bench sees the proper Core i5 - 3.3 but about this mac says 800MHz or something weird.

:thumbup: Nice Build!
I am also interested in FT03, such a elegent case.
But the 'tray-free' opticaldrive of FT03 is going to be another chanllege for me.
What is your plan for the opticaldrive?
Is there any specific brand model opticaldrive for us?

Thank you for sharing.
And I am looking forward your pictures :)

i would appreciate those pictures too!!

ssummerf said:
Machine Specs:

Thats it. The only this is that the machine is not recognizing my Processor. Geek bench sees the proper Core i5 - 3.3 but about this mac says 800MHz or something weird.

thanks for sharing your build :D

you mention geekbench, did you manage to get a score?

aero++ said:
ssummerf said:
Machine Specs:

thanks for sharing your build :D

you mention geekbench, did you manage to get a score?

32bit result.

Tried a fresh install and tweaked it ....

I am booting with NO kernel flags none... System says 64bit enabled system version 10.6.6 10J567.....
Darwin kernel 10.6.0

But I have no graphics anymore... Ati boot loader does nothing.

Well got my build up and running with help of friend at work.

Using:

Case - Antec Mini P180
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3
Processor - I5 2500K
Heatsink - Xigmatek Dark Knight
Memory - 2x Gskill Ripjasw X 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3 10666 Memory
Video - EVGA Nvidia 9500 GT 512MB DDR2
Hard Drive - Intel X25-M 120GB SATA2 SSD
2nd Hard Drive - Western Digital 1TB Black SATA

Had a few snags. Other than that the instructions worked great.

Snag 1 - Network didn't work off Multibeast. Had to load R1000 kext as could not get Lynx2Mac version to work.
Snag 2 - Did not see to load USB3 as a choice to select in multibeast in the instructions and will need to in order to use the ports.
Snag 3 - Make sure to go in bios and set hard drive as first boot or you will get up to a 20sec pause "Loading Operating System" when booting.

Only ongoing problem I have is sometimes when rebooting or booting it gets through bios and then it powers itself off. Then powers back on and boots up normally. It isn't consistent so don't know what is causing if it's the current DSDT i'm using or something else.

I used dsdt auto patched last night and it made a huge difference! RealtekR1000 kext is what I have well Ethernet is fine with this.

I will upload my DSDT and put a link to it here later today.

Also I updated my bios to F2.

Some strange points to note. I copied over every ATI kext from a new MBP and booted with GraphiceEnabler=Disabled and booted fine. System Profiler shows a ATI 5000 card.

If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I get full 5770 recognition.

I am going to upload some stuff later with more images and cinibench scores.

I was also playing around and was able to boot with 64bit and it was working then I broke it... So if I get that figured out I will post it. If I boot using the Mach_kernel from the new MBP, it boots and then instantly restarts at "x86_64"

I have a very similar build to yours - see details in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15537

Thanks for your post, I used a lot of the information here to get 10.6.6. installed. For me, the RTL81xx from Multibeast worked to get network going.

However I can't get it to boot with 8GB of memory, even using the boot parameters that you use.

Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back